PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Ongaonga, Central Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand

Pyro Kiwi
06-03-2022, 11:22 PM
G’Day from down under.

My name is Simon Osborne, I am a Certified Handler of explosives (Class 1, Category G substances to Level 3) and head Pyrotechnician of Eastcoast Fireworks that exploded into life in 1999. As the only dedicated professional display company in Central and Southern Hawke's Bay, we provide firework and pyrotechnic displays for community events, wedding receptions, and celebrations of life (scattering cremated ashes - Kiwis go out with a bang) displays. I am also the Fire Captain of the Ruahine Rural Fire Brigade. Cheers Simon

displayfireworks1
06-04-2022, 07:56 AM
Simon nice to have fireworks people from around the world be part of the discussion forums. There are a few members from New Zealand floating around the forums from time to time. Speaking of New Zealand , you brought back a memory for me from 2013. When the Pyrotechnic Guild International had the annual convention in my home State of Pennsylvania I met Tim from New Zealand. It was during an auction , I later sent him a Pyrotalk Hoodie. I believe he still has an account. I would also be curious if he is still in the business. He came to United States to see what the PGI convention was all about.
Here is the video from 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1gsSf7WG0
If you use the search function for New Zealand. You can find some of the older post.

Firelinx
06-06-2022, 02:43 PM
Hi & welcome to Pyro Talk!

We're Firelinx Firing Systems located in Orlando, FL!

PGI Member
WPAG Member

215less
06-14-2022, 11:21 PM
Welcome kiwi. I travel through the South Island (Christchurch) for work from time to time depending on contracts. All that to say, welcome welcome to the forums and …… send me some L&P. (It’s a NZ soda guys lol)

displayfireworks1
06-15-2022, 08:11 PM
Dude was a New Zealand one post wonder. Maybe he will be back.