PDA

View Full Version : kellners bulk 1.3 1 3/4 inch color shells storage

TitaniumsalTDI
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Hello all
just a quick question but the bulk color shells not salutes, that kellners sells. (1 3/4 inch) that pretty much are consumer what kind of storage do they require. are they just classified as 1.3 because of the bulk packing without a mortar tube? i know the salutes are a whole different story, but the color shells i don't see a difference between them and your higher priced consumer shells.

indianahx
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Simply put they ARE 1.3g and require the same requirements of any other 1.3g item.

On a side note, I have heard that 1.3g 1.75 shells aren't really worth it as like you said you can get consumer shells that are just as good if not better. Never have shot a 1.3g 1.75, this is just what I've read.

indianahx
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Guess I should also mention that not only are they bulk but the 1.3 class comes from their manufacturing process as well. They're constructed differently and will probably have a quick match leader fuse.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello all
just a quick question but the bulk color shells not salutes, that kellners sells. (1 3/4 inch) that pretty much are consumer what kind of storage do they require. are they just classified as 1.3 because of the bulk packing without a mortar tube? i know the salutes are a whole different story, but the color shells i don't see a difference between them and your higher priced consumer shells.
I ranted about this in another post quite a while ago--bottom line is that because the shells are bulk packed & not in kits with tubes, they are classified as 1.3.
Logical? No! Government Regulation? Yes!
So, if you buy 10 kits of any 1.4g 1.75" shells, take the tubes out, & store the shells in a Tupperwear bin--that is ok....but if you buy the same shells bulk packed without the tubes you are now in the magical, mystical world of Big Brother & the Holding Company--uhhh I mean Big Brother & the 1.3 storage regulations! Must have had a flash back! LOL!! No, it does not make sense, but it is what it is!
Also, the canisters that Kellners sells are just like any other 1.4g cans--they have fast visco on them--not quick match. When you look at the case price for 288 shells they are VERY inexpensive --so if you want to put a lot of "stuff" up in flights or a sky puke they would be fine...just don't expect them to perform like Excalibers or Smoke & Mirrors or Weapons of Beowulf Canisters. Remember, you get what you pay for.
The canisters do have a bigger break than the 1.75" 1.3g bulk packed ball shells they sell...but the ball shell assortment has two boxes of salutes in the case. This is different from last year. Now--- if they could put two boxes of canister salutes in the canister assortment that would make a nice package!!

PyroJoeNEPA
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
They're constructed differently and will probably have a quick match leader fuse.
Actually, they are fast visco fuses on them like any other 1.4g canister or ball shell you buy.

indianahx
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Actually, they are fast visco fuses on them like any other 1.4g canister or ball shell you buy.

i've seen both....was just under the assumption from what i've heard

J's12talk
02-20-2012, 11:30 PM

I've seen both visco and quickmatch used. Just recently I shot 1.25" 1.3g salutes that had quickmatch leaders on them. I had to laugh.

Pyro Nation
02-20-2012, 11:33 PM
I've seen both visco and quickmatch used. Just recently I shot 1.25" 1.3g salutes that had quickmatch leaders on them. I had to laugh.

Yeah.. They were the cutest little things.., but they did have quite a pop to them

PyroJoeNEPA
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM

Was just talking about the ones Kellner's have.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Seems like a waste of a perfectly good piece of Quick Match! LOL

Rocketshooter
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Joe, I believe that Kellners has removed the cannisters from the new pricing. I did shoot the ball shells last
fall and they were not too bad. A good deal if you want to throw up a bunch of shells.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Joe, I believe that Kellners has removed the cannisters from the new pricing. I did shoot the ball shells last
fall and they were not too bad. A good deal if you want to throw up a bunch of shells.

Yes, you are correct on that. Looks like they just updated their web site in the last couple of days. Glad they still have the 1.75" salute shells.