PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Michigan

PyroWalker
06-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Hello! I am a lone pyro from Southwest Michigan. I have enjoyed setting off fireworks my entire life! As a child I would save money all year and my parents would take me to the town fireworks tent and I would try to get as much as I could for the money. I would lay it all out and put on a "show" for my family. I got into backyard PyroMusicals last year after doing several hand fused shows year after year. The investment in Cobra was a big decision for me, and one I am so glad I made.

I use only consumer products or AOP. I don't have the space or the patience to deal with the ATF! :rolleyes: I do everything mostly myself, from designing (I used Finale 3D), rebuilding the cakes, poking, fusing, setup, and clean up. My husband is incredibly supportive, but a brainstem stroke in 2020 left him with mobility issues that limit what he can do.

This year my show is called Imagination: A PyroMusical. I hope to capture the imaginations of my audience using unique effects. I spend a significant amount of time picking effects to match the music, even taking apart cakes and rebuilding slices or pieces to get it how I want. I am super picky about music (I am a trained classical pianist), and hope my audience appreciates my choices.

My Pyro Dream would be to design a large show for an event like SkyWars or even bigger!

Engineer Cat
06-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum! You sound like everyone else around here. You should fit right in. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Husbands issue.

Would love to see the pyromusical with classical music. Usually only the pro shows like Macy's NYC and such have a lot of classical music. It will be interesting to see it done to a backyard show.

PyroWalker
06-02-2022, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum! You sound like everyone else around here. You should fit right in. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Husbands issue.

Would love to see the pyromusical with classical music. Usually only the pro shows like Macy's NYC and such have a lot of classical music. It will be interesting to see it done to a backyard show.

I don't use only classical music, but have a sort of classical song for my finale this year. I just consider myself a music snob because of my training!

displayfireworks1
06-02-2022, 08:05 PM
Always nice to have advancing fireworks enthusiast be part of the pyrotalk forums. Thanks for mentioning your use of Articles of Pyrotechnics. Many Cobra uses are looking to add these AP effects into their displays. I keep trying to convenience and add more Article of Pyrotechnic distributors onto my AP continuing education program. It is just as your mentioned, advanced user want advanced E-fire products and really do not want an ATF license and all that goes with that.

Scotty Rockets
06-03-2022, 01:40 AM
Hello and welcome. Are you a MPAG member? My main interest in pyrotechnics is also in choreographed pyromusicals, they’re actually quite a few of us in this forum that love this niche.

PyroWalker
06-03-2022, 08:40 AM
Hello and welcome. Are you a MPAG member? My main interest in pyrotechnics is also in choreographed pyromusicals, they’re actually quite a few of us in this forum that love this niche.

Not a MPAG member, but a PGI member. Due to my husband's health issues, we are not able to participate in a lot of the events so I struggle to pay dues to something I can't take full advantage of at this point.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Hi there PyroWalker and welcome aboard. Also a PGI member and a member of their safety team. I help keep the "C Line" under control. Some years I'm even successful at it! You headed to Newton this year? If so, stop by the C line and say hi.

Love to see one of your shows. You sound like a very methodical and deliberate kind of person that would choreograph a spectacular show.

PyroWalker
06-09-2022, 07:54 AM
Hi there PyroWalker and welcome aboard. Also a PGI member and a member of their safety team. I help keep the "C Line" under control. Some years I'm even successful at it! You headed to Newton this year? If so, stop by the C line and say hi.

Love to see one of your shows. You sound like a very methodical and deliberate kind of person that would choreograph a spectacular show.

Not able to make it to Newton this year, but really hoping to go to PGI in Iowa next year! It's much closer to home, and with any luck, my parents will let us use their 5th wheel camper to stay in while we are there. We keep praying that hubby will continue to improve more and more so travel becomes more of an option for us.

I am hoping my show goes off well this year. I have put a lot of time and thought into it, not to mention literally clearing a section of trees this past weekend!
If it works out, I will have drone footage as well, so the video should turn out pretty great! Countdown to Juy 1st!

215less
06-10-2022, 09:55 AM
The ATF isn’t that much trouble (for most). Give them a ring a demand a type 54…… HAHAHA KIDDING!!!! Welcome to the forums.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-10-2022, 04:32 PM
Not able to make it to Newton this year, but really hoping to go to PGI in Iowa next year! It's much closer to home, and with any luck, my parents will let us use their 5th wheel camper to stay in while we are there. We keep praying that hubby will continue to improve more and more so travel becomes more of an option for us.

I am hoping my show goes off well this year. I have put a lot of time and thought into it, not to mention literally clearing a section of trees this past weekend!
If it works out, I will have drone footage as well, so the video should turn out pretty great! Countdown to Juy 1st!

Not sure where we're supposed to be next year. My guess is back to Fargo. But it could be Mason City too. Who knows. Doesn't matter. I'll be wherever it is!

Best of luck with your show this year. Looking forward to seeing the video. I am planning on this year being my last. It's getting too expensive and I'm getting too old and too broke down to keep doing the kind of show I like to do.

Hopefully your hubby recovers quickly so he can help you out with your shows.