PDA

View Full Version : What's wrog with this picture?

Birdman
05-30-2022, 08:10 PM
I was poking cakes this weekend as part of my 4th prep. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Pyroplantfreak
05-30-2022, 08:23 PM
One less than fifty...

Birdman
05-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Yes...that's it! Found it to be both laughable and frustrating at the same time.

Engineer Cat
05-30-2022, 10:43 PM
Yes...that's it! Found it to be both laughable and frustrating at the same time.

Ha, I mean come on. What's so so hard about printing the correct amount of shots on a cake? I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Now your going to make me count each tube when I'm poking. :p

PyroFL
05-31-2022, 07:44 AM
I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and Thought I would watch the video of the product to double check.

Maybe they did 2 shots out of one tube

No sir you have a 49 shot cake

displayfireworks1
05-31-2022, 08:02 AM
I thought what was wrong was they misspelled Papaazzi. LOL Have to admire you counted the mortars. We all be counting them now. LOL

Birdman
05-31-2022, 11:02 AM
I was wiring each slice to fire separately and knew there were 7 slices watching the video. As I was wiring it I could feel it seemed like there were the same amount of tubes in each slice and wondered how that could be....so I went counting.

I'm not sure how they could get 2 shots in one tube? I could see maybe having a double break shell in one shot but that would be 50 breaks....not 50 shots.

PyroFL
05-31-2022, 01:55 PM
“I'm not sure how they could get 2 shots in one tube? I could see maybe having a double break shell in one shot but that would be 50 breaks....not 50 shots”

Think Roman candle with 1+, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a cake do that but doesn’t mean there not out there

Birdman
05-31-2022, 02:05 PM
Think Roman candle with 1+, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a cake do that but doesn’t mean there not out there

I guess that would technically meet the definition of a shot. But let's not give them any ideas....lol

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2022, 09:46 PM

Don't feel bad. I opened a case of what was supposed to be 6 cakes and found only 3 cakes in the box. That was a first for me.

Engineer Cat
06-10-2022, 06:20 PM
Well well, this could turn into a new game. Took the top off a fan cake to see about wiring up slices and found this. I don't know if it would cause a problem but I wouldn't even have know if I didn't pop the top.

Do ya see it?

displayfireworks1
06-10-2022, 08:51 PM
My video from 2012 , yes 10 years ago called "Fondling Fireworks" . Back then I suggested to feel the quality of the mortars by "Fondling" them . LOL You can actually tell a lot about the build quality by checking the cake mortars.
From 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9xgo8mmlY

Birdman
06-11-2022, 10:41 AM
Well well, this could turn into a new game. Took the top off a fan cake to see about wiring up slices and found this. I don't know if it would cause a problem but I wouldn't even have know if I didn't pop the top.

Do ya see it?

Crushed tube. I usually pop the tops of most of my cakes and check for damage etc. I also like to check out how it's constructed.

morrison2951
06-16-2022, 09:13 PM
Crushed tube. I usually pop the tops of most of my cakes and check for damage etc. I also like to check out how it's constructed.

Same here. Cut the tops off of my cakes as well to check them out.

Not sure about the claim of less clean-up by doing so.... for me it's a safety issue to look for damaged tubes, etc.

Engineer Cat
06-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Same here. Cut the tops off of my cakes as well to check them out.

Not sure about the claim of less clean-up by doing so.... for me it's a safety issue to look for damaged tubes, etc.

Last year it was misting and raining so I cut them open just to check tubes then closed them back up before they were placed out in the weather. I usually take the tops off cause we shoot on a river and I don't want to add anymore crap to the river than it already has in it.

Birdman
06-18-2022, 01:06 PM
I can't say I do the same thing every time because I may change things based on weather, time etc., but I most often cut the tops but leave the top attached in a spot. I use a very small piece of tape to hold the top on if there's any wind. I find that in many cases the first shot will blow the cover off so the rest of the shots don't shred it to pieces. Sometimes I find the cover still attached with little damage. Other times it may only be torn in a couple larger pieces. Sometimes it seems to make no difference. In any case I find it makes for easier cleanup overall so it's sort of a middle ground approach.

PYRODAN
06-25-2022, 09:34 PM
LOL! Maybe a bead fell off of dong mei's abacus!