PDA

View Full Version : Power Lines through part of shoot site

SystemXpert
05-27-2022, 11:31 PM
Just wondering if any has come across this situation. I am in process of applying for a display permit for 1.4G show up to 2" shells. So, by the book, I need 140ft for fallout. My question is about 100 feet away from the rack placement there are some standard power lines running across the site. These are just normal poles, not transmission towers. Wondering if this going to disqualify my proposed site. I have an alternate location just in case, but this location is really better for spectators.

displayfireworks1
05-28-2022, 10:03 PM
My experience is power lines at that distance are not a problem. I have heard of issues professionally on a big show using electric match. The electric match wires landing on electrical lines and causing issues. With paper and cardboard fallout it should not be a problem.

SystemXpert
05-29-2022, 03:11 PM
My experience is power lines at that distance are not a problem. I have heard of issues professionally on a big show using electric match. The electric match wires landing on electrical lines and causing issues. With paper and cardboard fallout it should not be a problem.

Thank you....that is kinda what I thought. This will be my first year doing a public display with permits......trying to think of everything I can before I submit these applications.

jamisonlm3
05-30-2022, 12:31 AM
My experience is power lines at that distance are not a problem. I have heard of issues professionally on a big show using electric match. The electric match wires landing on electrical lines and causing issues. With paper and cardboard fallout it should not be a problem.I thought anchoring the wire to the rack was pretty common? I don't think the 24awg or so wire used would last more than a second or 2 before it's vaporized. Even then, if wires are going that high, what happening to the modules they're getting pulled from?

SystemXpert
05-31-2022, 01:01 PM

Ok...now I feel silly...I found it in NFPA 1123 5.1.4.7 - "States that the trajectory of Ariel shells shall not come within 25ft of any overhead object." Power lines 100fr away are not an issue.

Arclight
06-01-2022, 12:41 PM

This is a thing you get taught for a blaster's license. You can possibly be electrocuted if you throw wires wires up into power lines. The solution is to just sandbag the wiring in a few places or (with pyro) do the shooting far enough away that this can't happen.