PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

displayfireworks1
05-24-2022, 09:45 AM
Hello pyrotalk forums members. To update, a few days back pyrotalk forums were experiencing posting and other website issues. Working with someone that has expertise in this area, we now believe we corrected these issues. One of the main goals was to retain 10 plus years of historic data on the forums in addition to your usernames, messages etc. I believe as of today 05/24/2022 we have accomplished that goal. In addition the website was migrated to a new server. Backup plans are also in place.
Please feel free to start posting and responding on the forums as usual. When you have time please click some of the banners, go through other pages of the pyrotalk website and report any problems on this thread.
Thank you all for hanging in there during the period the forums were down.

Dave displayfireworks1

jknepp1954
05-24-2022, 11:31 AM
Thanks for saving pyrotalk - i think probably the only pyro forum style left.....
If i had 10 thumbs - i would do a 10 thumbs up! LOL

Jay_
05-24-2022, 01:06 PM
nice to see the same old forum/same old easy to use format.

Thanks Dave!

jamisonlm3
05-24-2022, 03:12 PM
One thing I have learned from all this is the pyrotalk forums are not saved in the internet archives.

mattyams
05-26-2022, 06:11 AM
One thing I have learned from all this is the pyrotalk forums are not saved in the internet archives.

It is now. Also, the site has a fallback in place now so that if something like this happens again disruption would be almost non-existent.

displayfireworks1
05-26-2022, 10:43 AM
It is now. Also, the site has a fallback in place now so that if something like this happens again disruption would be almost non-existent.

Say hello to Matthew. My new webmaster and sometimes fireworks enthusiast. He is going over pyrotalk.com and upgrading as necessary

Engineer Cat
05-26-2022, 11:05 AM
Say hello to Matthew. My new webmaster and sometimes fireworks enthusiast. He is going over pyrotalk.com and upgrading as necessary

Awesome! Welcome Matt, thanks for your help!