Wholesale Fireworks
05-18-2022, 09:17 AM

jamisonlm3
05-18-2022, 12:02 PM

Zippster
05-18-2022, 07:04 PM

Icooclast
05-25-2022, 05:15 AM
since these posts occurred during the site screwy business, anyone care to fill me in, as i am from Ohio

displayfireworks1
05-27-2022, 09:38 PM
Sorry about the blank post above , this occurred during an upgrade and change of web server on the pyrotalk website. I am not verse on the new Ohio legal fireworks legislation. I do understand some basics on these new states going legal. The problem in Ohio going legal is , each local municipality can exempt themselves from the legislation. What is in it for the local municipalities to go legal? The state gets all the extra tax money because Ohio added a tax surcharge , the municipalities get all the dumb ass local complaints and added police and fire calls during July 4th without any compensation from the state. In retaliation they exempt their local municipality from the state fireworks law as defined in the legislation and setup their local police to issue fines to users to make up for the money the state cheated them out of.

Icooclast
05-28-2022, 06:14 AM
Sorry about the blank post above , this occurred during an upgrade and change of web server on the pyrotalk website. I am not verse on the new Ohio legal fireworks legislation. I do understand some basics on these new states going legal. The problem in Ohio going legal is , each local municipality can exempt themselves from the legislation. What is in it for the local municipalities to go legal? The state gets all the extra tax money because Ohio added a tax surcharge , the municipalities get all the dumb ass local complaints and added police and fire calls during July 4th without any compensation from the state. In retaliation they exempt their local municipality from the state fireworks law as defined in the legislation and setup their local police to issue fines to users to make up for the money the state cheated them out of.

ah, i see. thanks, Dave

Wholesale Fireworks
05-28-2022, 10:01 AM
In addition .....everyone who purchases Fireworks in Ohio will have to pay local sales tax and an additional 4% "SAFTEY FEE"
It does not seem like much... but it does add up on larger orders.

Icooclast
05-29-2022, 04:59 PM
so, just to clarify: WITH the new safety tax and regular ohio tax: how much would all taxes be in total?

i haven't really needed to pay attention to anything regarding to Ohio's sales tax. last i was informed it was like 6 & 1/2 % - or something. so, it would seem that it'd be 10 & 1/2% total (like i said: haven't been up to date for a while)

Wholesale Fireworks
05-30-2022, 06:15 PM
The total will depend on what the local sales tax is. Hubbard the sales tax is 6.75% so with the new fee the tax is 10.75%
it could be more or it could be less depending on where you buy in Ohio

Icooclast
06-01-2022, 03:13 AM
The total will depend on what the local sales tax is. Hubbard the sales tax is 6.75% so with the new fee the tax is 10.75%
it could be more or it could be less depending on where you buy in Ohio

ah, i see. thanks Ray. just wondering which store you are based out of (hubbard, niles or canton) or somewhere else? thanks

Wholesale Fireworks
06-01-2022, 04:35 PM
I am based at the coporate office location in Hubbard