PDA

View Full Version : Price increase?

RalphieJ
05-12-2022, 07:43 PM
The Mom and Pop store that I deal with just posted on their facebook page with the message 'We didn?t raise prices this year , like the rest ! We lowered 🥰 Because you all stuck by us when we needed you ! Now we are giving back 😂🤣💥 Family run , Family done ! God Bless America" These folks are near two fireworks supermarkets, Keystone and Phantom, and have just purchased property right between them to open their 2nd store.
God Bless America.

jamisonlm3
05-12-2022, 08:04 PM
They didn't riase prices this year? DId they raise them last year? Sounds like they've been doing good business. Sales of consumer fireowrks basically doubled from 2019 to 2020. 2021 was just as good according to the apa.

Engineer Cat
05-12-2022, 08:48 PM
Ralphie do you know what they charged last year? Since I make a spreadsheet of the product I need to get, I always have years prior pricing to compare. My local mom and pop really haven't changed much from 2019. Some shells are much more but others are not. Pretty much all the cakes are the same price but some are a little more. Nothing that I would consider "drastic". However I did not buy from them this year because I wanted to get my hands on other manufactures product. I spent a little more because of that but that was my choice so no bitching from me about that.

RalphieJ
05-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Ralphie do you know what they charged last year? Since I make a spreadsheet of the product I need to get, I always have years prior pricing to compare. My local mom and pop really haven't changed much from 2019. Some shells are much more but others are not. Pretty much all the cakes are the same price but some are a little more. Nothing that I would consider "drastic". However I did not buy from them this year because I wanted to get my hands on other manufactures product. I spent a little more because of that but that was my choice so no bitching from me about that.

No Gene, I had so much left from previous years I didn't make it there last year. I'm just a backyard BBQ shooter, when I do make a trip (100 mi. round-trip) I stock up. But they sure do have guts taking on the big boys nearby......

Engineer Cat
05-12-2022, 09:43 PM
I hear ya. I really only get to shoot 1 backyard show a year and also have to drive about about 130 miles round trip when I need to stock up for the year. I'm guessing your somewhere in the New Paltz area with that drive to the closest spot.

Jay_
05-13-2022, 05:51 PM
This is a great post and refreshing to hear in this day and age. One of the many reasons that I love the M&P stores.

They genuinely value you as a customer. Not to mention that they usually carry only the best of the best fireworks out there.