PDA

View Full Version : Slats with 9v mods

Jay_
05-01-2022, 11:52 PM
Upgrading all of my 18m's to slats. 4 of my mods use 9v power and was planning on converting them to external/lipo this season. Looks like that wont happen this season as cobra shows the lipo kits backordered until august.

With that being said, does anyone have success using slats on a 9v unit? I'm only planning on using 1 slat attached to each of the 9v units to shoot 2 positions. Most likely will use ematch instead of firewire due to current requirement.

So, 1 slat (2 matches per cue) 82' 24 gauge cable 9v unit. Would you trust it to fire?

esgrillo
05-02-2022, 07:56 AM
Upgrading all of my 18m's to slats. 4 of my mods use 9v power and was planning on converting them to external/lipo this season. Looks like that wont happen this season as cobra shows the lipo kits backordered until august.

With that being said, does anyone have success using slats on a 9v unit? I'm only planning on using 1 slat attached to each of the 9v units to shoot 2 positions. Most likely will use ematch instead of firewire due to current requirement.

So, 1 slat (2 matches per cue) 82' 24 gauge cable 9v unit. Would you trust it to fire?

Definitely with that set up. With only 2 matches that distance is not a problem even if you are using parallel slats

Jay_
05-02-2022, 01:13 PM
Definitely with that set up. With only 2 matches that distance is not a problem even if you are using parallel slats

Thank you Ed. I went ahead and ordered 7 kits. Will shoot with confidence!