PDA

View Full Version : DMX Fire Machine Not Working

PyroFL
04-27-2022, 11:19 AM
Anyone have any luck with cobra 6.0.2 DMX using a fire machine yet? For the most part I have the lights working

2 days into this and still nothing

My fire machines is 2 channel DMX and having problems finding the correct programming to get it to work.

Am sure its some rookie thing am missing

Fire Machine Moka H-02
Cobra v.6.0.2

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 12:23 PM
Do you have the safety channel set up? The red light should come on before you expect it to fire. somewhere around 130 for the value

PyroFL
04-27-2022, 12:25 PM
I read this but not 100% how to script it the safety

Ive been chatting online with Zach and he doesnt know

DMX Safety Channel: Your DMX controller can double up as a safety device for the fire machine. A safety channel is available on the DMX channel. This channel opens and operates at 102-153. With this setting in place, you can use channel 2 to work on the fire machine. This will emit fire.

Not getting any read light

Address is flashing

esgrillo
04-27-2022, 12:27 PM
Do you have the safety channel set up? The red light should come on before you expect it to fire. somewhere around 130 for the value

Topshelf is correct. You need to have channel 1 on before it will light which will be channel 2. Make sure you have channel 1 on a little before you have channel 2 active. It is supposed to be a safety feature but it really is useless. Just makes programming more a PIA.

In realty you could probably have channel 1 active all the time and just do it once and then toggle channel 2 when you want it to fire.

PyroFL
04-27-2022, 12:35 PM

Zach had thought I need to have the cue on 255

From there am not to sure how to get the red light on or how to control it

This is what ive done as I dont have 2 channel option and just shooting it a few m/s before

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 02:43 PM
I'm not familiar with CSC so hopefully someone that is can help. the number that you have on the machine is the safety channel and the next number is the fire number. so if you set the machine to 10 then 10 is the safety channel and needs to have a value around 130 and then channel 11 will be the fire channel which will need a duration(whatever value CSC uses like seconds). If you have multiple machine and want them all to do the same thing at the same time the you set the same number on the machine, if you want to control them separately then you set different numbers on the machine but they have to be at least 2 numbers apart like machine 1 is set to 1 then machine 2 is set to 3 etc

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 03:34 PM
https://help.cobrafiringsystems.com/support/solutions/articles/44002185415-using-cobra-show-creator-to-create-dmx-scripts

it looks like your channel is to big in CSC set that to whatever you set your machine to

Channel = DMX channel (this is the number that you set the machine to)
cue/value = DMX value (try 130 for the safety channel which is the number you set the machine to)
pulse time is the actual firing time according to the documentation

PyroFL
04-27-2022, 04:07 PM
https://help.cobrafiringsystems.com/support/solutions/articles/44002185415-using-cobra-show-creator-to-create-dmx-scripts

it looks like your channel is to big in CSC set that to whatever you set your machine to

Channel = DMX channel (this is the number that you set the machine to)
cue/value = DMX value (try 130 for the safety channel which is the number you set the machine to)
pulse time is the actual firing time according to the documentation

I am so close thanks to your help!!

Thank you

I got it to trigger which is a huge big step forward

Ive tried many mix of upper and lower of the window and doesnt seem to fire

Here is what I have that triggers on ... now just need the trigger

I am seeing a bottle of bourbon in your future

And no am not joking

(fire)6200

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 04:58 PM
so you set the number on the machine to 10? if so that is your safety channel and the light should come on when the script is played. channel 11 will be the firing channel for that machine so you would need to set up a duration for it to fire on channel 11.

set the machine to number 10
maybe try?:
event time 00:14 channel 10 value 130 pulse 10s
event time 00:15 channel 11 value 255 pulse 2s

see if that gets you the light on for 10s and the spark to last 2s? if so you have what you need.

not sure how CSC treats DMX exactly. remember channel 10 is only the safety channel, channel 11 will be the firing channel so if that worked correctly you can just program more event times on channel 11 value 255 pulse(how ever long you want a flame in)

if you have more than 1 machine then the next machine could be channel 12. 12 is the safety channel and 13 would be the firing channel and you would program it the same way as you did 10

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 05:11 PM
also, if you have more than 1 machine you can set both machines to the same channel (like 10 on the machines) program as above and they will do the same thing at the same time. Just remember whatever number you use on the machine that is the safety channel (like 10) so its DMX value is 130 and the pulse is however long you want the safety channel on, the next number up (11 or whatever) is the firing channel so DMX value 255 and pulse is whatever you want the flame to last.

PyroFL
04-27-2022, 05:39 PM
Thank you

Wife was on her way home so had to clean up my toys in the kitchen and living room ... so I’ll try tomorrow afternoon again

I’ve setup the fire machine with the address

10 & 11

Doing so in CSC the machine 10 the red light comes on for 2 sec, turns off for 2 sec and the fire machine 11 comes on for 2 sec

I tried trigger both 10 m/s after with a mix of what I thought would be the trigger on with no luck

Tried 10:1, 10:2, 10:50, 10:161, 10:255

I know am close and only a code or 2 off.

So at the moment I can get the Red light to come on, just don’t know what the fire code is or mix of code/line code to trigger fire on

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 05:56 PM
Event time - universe- channel -cue/value- pulse time
00:14- 4 - 10 - 130- 10
00:15 - 4 - 11- 255- 2
00:18- 4 - 11- 255- 2
00:21- 4 - 11- 255- 2

Set the number on 1 machine to 10 and enter this into CSC
that should turn on the safety channel at 14 sec and spark at 15 sec for 2 seconds then 18 sec for 2 sec and then 21 sec for 2 sec.

topshelfpyro
04-27-2022, 06:07 PM
the last pic you sent.....
delete the items in the yellow boxes that have channel 10

change the "Pulse time" on channel 10 to 25 from 2 at event time 00:15. this should keep the safety channel "open" for 25 seconds

change the "cue/value" on channel 11 to 255 on each channel 11 line. this should trigger the spark at 00:20 for 2 sec and 00:30 for 2 sec

PyroFL
04-28-2022, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately I had no time today as I had to go help a family member so now this is pushed off until I get back.

I did have a plan to bring it with me on a work trip but that was an epic fail after the TSA officer stopped laughing on the phone I found out you NOT bring a fire machine in check luggage

Who would?ve thought?

LOL

Don?t know if you don?t ask

Rick_In_Tampa
04-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately I had no time today as I had to go help a family member so now this is pushed off until I get back.

I did have a plan to bring it with me on a work trip but that was an epic fail after the TSA officer stopped laughing on the phone I found out you NOT bring a fire machine in check luggage

Who would?ve thought?

LOL

Don?t know if you don?t ask

Lol...OMG... Please tell me you didn't... Lol.. Now that's too funny.

PyroFL
06-16-2022, 07:02 PM
@topshelfpyro

Just now getting time to work on the fire machines.

Your formula worked perfect! I even managed to get them all to trigger independently so now I have full control.

After the sun goes down I am going to start trying out timing, shots for recovery time and so on ... This way I will know how fast I can go with them and how long it needs to go for for a full but short shot. I know Ignite did a test on his youtube channel which help me a lot but now its time to test a few other things.

Thanks again for your help!

topshelfpyro
06-16-2022, 07:35 PM
@topshelfpyro

Just now getting time to work on the fire machines.

Your formula worked perfect! I even managed to get them all to trigger independently so now I have full control.

After the sun goes down I am going to start trying out timing, shots for recovery time and so on ... This way I will know how fast I can go with them and how long it needs to go for for a full but short shot. I know Ignite did a test on his youtube channel which help me a lot but now its time to test a few other things.

Thanks again for your help!

coolio! no problem