PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ozello Florida (another FL pyro geesh)

Sassy Hatter OZFL
04-26-2022, 09:38 AM
Hrrm, standard fare I guess. Middle aged, disabled vet (AF), living in the beautiful ozello Keys. Started doing long fuse shows about 15 years ago, progressed to cheap e-fire to get back into pyro after disability, and graduating to either a cobra or firetek system today. Background is in secure communications and component/depot level electronic equipment repair. (2e2x1/3d172). and fortunately I have the full support up to what I consider a reasonable compromise from my wonderful family.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-26-2022, 05:12 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Sassy. Old in body, young in mind, USAF vet here--69-73 Electronic Countermeasures.
Lots of great pyro's in Florida. I'm sure they will reach out to you!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-28-2022, 03:19 PM
Hey there Sassy! Retired AF here myself. Disabled vet as well. Former C-5 mission planner and network admin. Carpe perdiem!

Live east of Tampa and I do a show every year for the family and my HOA. I use a Cobra system and love it. No experience with the Firetek, but I hear great things about it as well. You're going to love whichever you pick. Would love to see some show video!

Welcome aboard!

Sassy Hatter OZFL
04-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Sassy. Old in body, young in mind, USAF vet here--69-73 Electronic Countermeasures.
Lots of great pyro's in Florida. I'm sure they will reach out to you!

Indeed, well I was AWACS for part of my career, so spent plenty of time with ecm/birds of pray folks. (97-14). great life, cant complain just a bit more broken ahead of my peer group lol.

Sassy Hatter OZFL
04-29-2022, 10:21 AM
Hey there Sassy! Retired AF here myself. Disabled vet as well. Former C-5 mission planner and network admin. Carpe perdiem!

Live east of Tampa and I do a show every year for the family and my HOA. I use a Cobra system and love it. No experience with the Firetek, but I hear great things about it as well. You're going to love whichever you pick. Would love to see some show video!

Welcome aboard!

I decided on the cobra over the firetek at the last minute, it really boiled down to flipping a coin. I believe the firetek to potentially have more capabilities over all, but their website to be blunt sucks and doing a deep dive research on the system was difficult, even though I believe the company would of answered any of my questions etc. I don't like asking questions on what should be basic answers. SO PURERLY PREFEERENCE, neither would of done me bad i think. I'm trying for big fourth 21-25 minutes, 5 minute new years, 5 minute veterans this year w/ misc impromptu "test" firings throughout.

PyroFL
04-29-2022, 02:07 PM
Congrats on the new system! Look forward to seeing your show this year

Keep us all updated

My wife and I live in the Lakeland area

Engineer Cat
04-29-2022, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Sassy. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here when it comes to pyro questions and other stuff.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-02-2022, 04:19 PM
I decided on the cobra over the firetek at the last minute, it really boiled down to flipping a coin. I believe the firetek to potentially have more capabilities over all, but their website to be blunt sucks and doing a deep dive research on the system was difficult, even though I believe the company would of answered any of my questions etc. I don't like asking questions on what should be basic answers. SO PURERLY PREFEERENCE, neither would of done me bad i think. I'm trying for big fourth 21-25 minutes, 5 minute new years, 5 minute veterans this year w/ misc impromptu "test" firings throughout.

Well congrats on the new cobra system. You won't be disappointed. Their customer service is top shelf. Whenever I've had an issue; especially close to July 4th; Scott or one of his team members has gotten back to be in minutes! No exaggeration. Good luck on the show this year. My show is almost 22 min this year and I'm already sick of looking at the script. I hope your planning goes smoothly.

Firelinx
05-06-2022, 11:39 AM
Hi Sassy and welcome to the forum! :)

We are also local to Florida :cool:

Firelinx Firing System
PGI Members
WPAG Memmbers