PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea!!! I need some professional Advice

TheGimpCB
04-20-2022, 04:38 PM
First off I don't know if it's possible to shoot a canister shell out of a 48" Dr11 tube.
If it is possible is it Safe? Ok so hear me out I was doing demo on a house (mine) and I removed these 48" fiberglass columns as I looked at them I thought wouldn't it be cool to shoot a shell out of it. I could build a try pod and paint it. Order a few Dr11 tubes that are 48 inches long plug them use foam to center it in the fiberglass extended the fuse and send it. Am I heading down a one way street the wrong way? Or is there a chance this can work?
Non pyro people think I'm crazy. What say You?

TheGimpCB
04-20-2022, 06:26 PM
After reading my post I thought I could just foam in a 15" Dr11 tube and get the same "fire for effect " but I Still am thinking a 48" tube with a quick match hole? Am I overthinking this?

PyroFL
04-20-2022, 07:31 PM
First you can shoot your mortar out of a 6 foot tube safely if loaded correctly

My only question would be why?

Are you trying to build a prop for a show? Which the sample you gave are you trying to make a military prop to fit into your show?

My only concern would be dropping a mortar down a DR11 mortar tube like a military grade tube with mortar with the hopes it would make it to the bottom of the tube before going off.

If a firework mortar isnt all the way to the bottom it will blow out the tube with the best case someone will get injured

TheGimpCB
04-20-2022, 07:41 PM
Yes I'm doing a 21 gun salute in a rack I built I also have an 1847 naval cannon I fire during military holidays I load 37mm fireworks grenades and shoot them from an m72 im just trying to incorporate these giant tubes is a way that it would be cool for the show.

Bitzan
04-26-2022, 09:19 AM
Yes I'm doing a 21 gun salute in a rack I built I also have an 1847 naval cannon I fire during military holidays I load 37mm fireworks grenades and shoot them from an m72 im just trying to incorporate these giant tubes is a way that it would be cool for the show.

I am sorry I do not have any guidance on your original question but I just needed to say this sounds crazy cool.