PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida - fiber glass tubes

PyroFL
04-17-2022, 12:24 PM
Just finish taking all my mortars out of the cases and have 80 fiberglass mortar tubes if anyone is central Florida would like them. Free to Good Pyro Home

Perfect for newer pyro looking to step up there game

I hate to put them in the trash so if anyone would like them please let me know.

PyroFL
04-17-2022, 12:59 PM
Just texting with Rick-In-Tampa he has a couple of boxes worth also to give away to a Good Pyro Home if anyone would like part or all of them.

I can pick them up and bring them to central Florida to save someone a trip to Tampa Bay.

PyroFL
04-17-2022, 03:51 PM
Thanks Dave for your PM.

All tubes have now gone to a Good Pyro Home and not the landfill.

Thanks Dave!! I’ll meet you at the airport Wednesday at the airport before I fly out ... check your messages here

:o

ONExLOSTxSOUL
04-17-2022, 10:56 PM
i have a bunch of tubes that are in the cases still once i get around to repackaging them ill have round 100 or so as well and ill post back in here.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-18-2022, 08:54 PM
Whoa, wait! Who's taking all the tubes? How do I get rid of mine?!

PyroFL
04-19-2022, 08:22 AM
@ Rick-In-Tampa

When I come over to help poke cakes I'll pick them up and get them to Dave his up in Wesley Chapel.

Speaking of which, crew is on standby and there will be most likely 3 maybe 4 of us heading over so we can knock out all your cakes in a half of a day or so ...

My crew is itching to get started already now that we have all our fireworks in the garage. I have to keep telling them I dont even have the scripting done so I am not 100% sure what we need yet.

Depending how busy I am at the PGA Championship am hoping to be close to having it all done, so we can poke all of yours and ours in one weekend in the coming month.

Only 76 days to go ... No Pressure!!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-19-2022, 03:47 PM
Lol.... You have no idea how much I appreciate that offer. But really... I am nowhere near ready to poke cakes. I was actually telling the wife this morning just how far behind I am with getting my script done. It's really sad since I've had my pyro in the garage since January. But I need to get on it already.

I'm happy to come out and help you and your crew again. But don't wait on me.

TheGimpCB
04-20-2022, 04:11 PM
I know I'm late to the party But if there are any fiberglass tubes in the Tampa area that need a good home I will adopt them. I can even donate to your fireworks fund if it keeps you in the good graces of the pyro gods.

PyroFL
04-20-2022, 07:00 PM
@TheGimpCB

If you promise to video your show and post it I?ll make sure you get some.

How many do you need?

And thank you for your generous offer to donate but I think am doing very well with the pyro gods

Just show us what you do with the tubes and I’ll be happy with that

pay it forward when you can

PyroFL
04-20-2022, 07:08 PM
@ ONExLOSTxSOUL

I may take you up on your offer to bring them to the west coast.

TheGimpCB
04-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Well that's awesome my plan is to build a 96" long fan. I have ten tube racks about 12 of them dr11.
I wanted to build a really simple 96" single line rack with a slight fan say 10 degrees with fiberglass tubes so you could see the lift charge ignite. I'm talking to a guy in Lakeland that has 80 of them from a show he's doing if that doesn't work out I will take you up on your offer Sir. Either way I will post a video when I light this super fan off

PyroFL
04-20-2022, 07:42 PM
Well that's awesome my plan is to build a 96" long fan. I have ten tube racks about 12 of them dr11.
I wanted to build a really simple 96" single line rack with a slight fan say 10 degrees with fiberglass tubes so you could see the lift charge ignite. I'm talking to a guy in Lakeland that has 80 of them from a show he's doing if that doesn't work out I will take you up on your offer Sir. Either way I will post a video when I light this super fan off

You are correct just outside of Lakeland

When you get your official total you need please let me know and I’ll see what I can do to help you out

TheGimpCB
04-29-2022, 09:49 AM
HUGE Thank You to PyroFL we got together this morning and he filled my truck bed with mortar tubes.
He made time in his busy schedule to help out a fellow pyro and teach me a few things along the way.

TheGimpCB
06-07-2022, 03:42 PM
As promised to PyroFL here is what I did with the fiberglass tubes he gave me.
I think they turned out great and adding another 104 mortars to the show doubles what I had.

Icooclast
06-07-2022, 08:08 PM
imo, gimp... that looks pretty cool. is it a little awkward to carry because of the wight being distributed like that?

TheGimpCB
06-07-2022, 08:32 PM
I just scoop them in the middle with a Dolly that has 10" air tires and off we go. Super easy for me Once I get them in place I bolt them together. Each side is 61 inches.6230

Zippster
06-10-2022, 01:42 PM
Dam, never realized how many of us are from Florida in here. :D