PDA

View Full Version : YouTube cracking down?

hatsgoods
03-11-2022, 09:18 PM
Is it just me or youtube's auto safety robot is out of control ? I posted a video of a pro strobe and they gave me a damn strike on my channel. I was like WTH? did anyone else have problems like this ? I'm kinda pissed off cuz I'm partly disabled and on my bad days plus for fun I post videos and now i cant post for while. sorry for the rant but this shit is nuts for me.

joewad
03-12-2022, 10:40 AM
My answer would be considered too socially political, so I'll refrain.......kinda.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-11-2022, 09:58 PM
Not familiar with the "strike on my channel" comment. Did they suspend your channel? Disable your ability to post videos? Suspend certain videos? Did they provide rationale for why they did what they did? It would be nice to know the details so we can look for similar activity on our channels.

Salutecake
04-12-2022, 11:00 AM
The other thing is that it could be the wording for the Strobe? I know my Son has been shut down for just wording so he puts things in different terms now -the Fourth of July Fireworks is now the Celebration of Freedom

hatsgoods
04-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Not familiar with the "strike on my channel" comment. Did they suspend your channel? Disable your ability to post videos? Suspend certain videos? Did they provide rationale for why they did what they did? It would be nice to know the details so we can look for similar activity on our channels.

no they didn't take my channel down but had it to where i cant upload anything for 90 days as it was my second strike. they said it was due to child endangerment when all it was was a video of strobe pot during the day and then at the end of the video i i said thanks for watching. i could see if there was a kid or teen in the video lighting fireworks with no adults around but i was like for Pete's sake give me a break. its getting to be really frustrating.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Well that is very odd. Did you appeal their decision? If so, what was the outcome? Did they reinstate your account?

hatsgoods
04-13-2022, 06:17 PM
Well that is very odd. Did you appeal their decision? If so, what was the outcome? Did they reinstate your account?

yes i did appeal it but i lost. i still have my channel and account but even more weird is i uploaded a video today without any problems and it has not been the 90 day up. so I'm not sure what's happening to YouTube. lol

Rick_In_Tampa
04-15-2022, 04:24 PM
Looks like your vids are "age restricted" now. I guess that's the work-a-round.

Birdman
04-15-2022, 05:32 PM
I use vimeo more than YouTube for posting videos but I recall a "suitable for children" or "all ages" type setting that would age restrict a video. I'm pretty sure any fireworks "how to" or "demo" videos are suppose to be age restricted.

hatsgoods
04-15-2022, 09:03 PM
Looks like your vids are "age restricted" now. I guess that's the work-a-round.

yep it is the work around, aka loop hole i found.