PDA

View Full Version : Pandemic Buying

FinnAmerican
03-07-2022, 12:27 AM
As a result from the pandemic, have you found yourself purchasing more or less product than you had during previous years.
I ended up making a couple trips to my local stores and a few online orders, thus buying more than I usually do.

BMoore
03-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Slightly more product in 2021 and probably slightly less for 2022 unless everything I'm waiting on magically makes it in time. In 2021 I was making multiple purchases of anything I could find at decent prices. The problem was I ended up with a hodge podge of product that made it very difficult to organize into a show. For 2022 I'm still buying early and often but sticking to product I really want. I've decided I'd rather go smaller and better than end up with a show that looks more like a product demo than something with some thought behind it.

Birdman
03-07-2022, 01:55 PM
I bought a lot more product in 2021. I got my order in early last year before the supply issues became a major issue and didn't purchase much after that. I was cutting back this year no matter what. I just didn't expect to be cutting back as much as I have. Right now I've only spent about 1/2 of what last years total was for the 4th which is even less total overall product with price increases. I'll be using far fewer 500g cakes and no 1.4 Pro this year, besides a couple of leftovers from last year. I've kept things very simple this year. There's still time to add on but I don't see me spending much more. I also have no plans to do any of the smaller shows I usually do throughout the year, besides a daytime (mostly smoke) gender reveal my niece asked me to do for her.

displayfireworks1
03-09-2022, 08:44 PM
In this current pyro availability environment we are in, its good to buy early. But don't rule out you are still going to want to purchase more. It reminds me of the person that flaunts they purchased all of their Christmas presents in October. Then, as Christmas approaches and the sales and Christmas Spirit takes hold, they purchase more. It is a good idea to buy fireworks now, however save some money for some last minute purchases. I am hearing from some of my advertisers lots of good product is going to drop very close to July 4th. No doubt it will be at a premium. You will have the pyro-fever and still want to add more to your displays. Keep that in mind.