View Full Version : Looking to dispose of some chemicals to someone that can use them.

Chazz
03-04-2022, 11:09 AM
I have a few pounds total of various chemicals that I will no longer be using. If there is someone in the Houston area that could put them to good use, you can have them for free. I would rather give them to someone that can uae then than just dispose of them. It is a pound of this and that but all still good and dry.
PM me if interested and I can send a list.

displayfireworks1
03-04-2022, 08:45 PM
These fireworks chemicals continue to be an occasional problem. Curious if you are the same person from Texas that contacted me a couple of years back? I thought I found an ATF license holder to pick them up and he may have never showed.
Over the years I am finding there are lots of these fireworks chemicals sitting around in possession of fireworks enthusiast for long periods of time. Most either lost interest or once they became ATF licensed realized it is just easier to purchase 1.3 fireworks.
Over the years I have been approached by people wanting me to find someone to purchase their collection of various fireworks chemicals. I'm like sell them, you are going to be lucky if I can find someone to take them for free.
People I respect in the fireworks industry advised me to transfer these chemicals to other ATF license holders. We certainly do not want to transfer these chemicals to the wrong individuals. I can try to help with transfers between ATF license holders, beyond that I'm not sure.

cduesman
03-04-2022, 10:44 PM
There are builders in Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas club. If you want to reach out them, they have a website contact page at https://fireants.org/contact-us/

Chris

displayfireworks1
03-09-2022, 08:59 PM
I do not know much about this fireworks group in Texas other than some of the fireworks enthusiast I helped get ATF licensed are now members. I suspect they are not going to want those fireworks chemicals either. The advanced fireworks enthusiast is following the same path the display fireworks industry followed over the years. The ATF license and affordability of professional fireworks firing systems and computers changed everything. Now add in the internet and more and more states legalizing Consumer Fireworks. I'm sure there are some fireworks enthusiast out there making their own for personal pride and tradition. I also suspect they will also have more than enough fireworks chemicals to last for a long time.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Sent you a DM.