PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Permit for 1.3 display

Troy.Musillami
03-03-2022, 04:47 PM
I recently obtained my 54 and I was looking to make a trip from Illinois to Indiana to enjoy some of the big boy fireworks.

I live in Illinois and while I do have the state explosives license, I don't currently have the fire marshal license so I have to leave the state in order to use any product.

This is probably a dumb question, so go easy on me, but could anyone give me some advice on applying for permits? I wasn't planning on putting on a huge public display so I guess I overlooked that aspect.

1) I don't actually know anyone that lives in Indiana so would I be able to rent a public area to use for my display?
2) What is a pyrotechnicain resume? Is it literally just a resume but with pyrotechnics?
3) Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?

Crush630
03-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Welcome fellow IL taxpayer.

I shoot in IN, you need land first and foremost, a park dist might let you rent but that is also added costs. The resume should have a brief history of your experience using display pyro. Lastly, check with local PD/FD on local rules/regs. Some won't care as long as you don't go overboard. Where do you get your product from?

Troy.Musillami
03-03-2022, 06:46 PM
I was looking into going through Wayne's world or Lynch imports.

I don't have any history with display pyro...except a few homemade 2.5" and 4" shells I experimented with last summer.

displayfireworks1
03-03-2022, 08:09 PM
I doubt you are going to be able to rent a space in another state to shoot fireworks and do it all legally. What dates are you looking at , are you planning on a display or just shoot stuff all night long like an open shoot? What is the budget?

Troy.Musillami
03-03-2022, 08:47 PM
An open shoot would be awesome. I'd be open to anytime (preferably over a weekend though but I guess I could take a vacation day lol). My budget was around $500-1,000 between a case of 1.75 display shells and some color/noise cakes.

displayfireworks1
03-04-2022, 08:22 PM
Find someone in your area similar to what I did years back , like a sportsman club . Or a church picnic on private property Look for a place or event that is already making a bunch of noise. Invite the fire department etc. Or hang in there , maybe you will get an invite from someone in Indiana doing a shoot that would be glad for you to bring your $1000.00 worth of product to add into a display.

zmaster725
03-26-2022, 10:34 PM
Well, if it wasn’t a 4 hour drive for you to where I live I’d say come on down.