PDA

View Full Version : Hello from California high desert

TheSandmanIsMe
02-25-2022, 04:07 PM
I?ve always been a fireworkfreak. Played around making them, taking them apart, you know. I have gone as far as buying a box of 50 matchbooks! Cutting the heads off and dissolving the good stuff off, discarding the sediment and paper, and drying out the liquid, leaving a crystalline powder equal to BP. I have built up an inventory of pyro chems enabling me to make just about any composition I choose. And the recipes for comps are easy to find. But what?s frustrating is the instructions are not. If you don?t have the step by step process information available, good luck. I keep searching for this information, occasionally finding it and successfully making stars. Hopefully this forum might help me with more input.

displayfireworks1
02-25-2022, 08:59 PM
It was that box of 50 matchbooks, cutting off the heads and dissolving them to get the good stuff.
That is the one that right there for me. LOL. IP coming out of California close to a city that sounds like a beer from Mexico. Don?t go in that direction, or at least don?t go in that direction on these forums.

sharonhook
03-23-2022, 12:06 PM
Hello! I am from San Francisco

Arclight
03-23-2022, 01:06 PM
I?ve always been a fireworkfreak. Played around making them, taking them apart, you know. I have gone as far as buying a box of 50 matchbooks! Cutting the heads off and dissolving the good stuff off, discarding the sediment and paper, and drying out the liquid, leaving a crystalline powder equal to BP. I have built up an inventory of pyro chems enabling me to make just about any composition I choose. And the recipes for comps are easy to find. But what?s frustrating is the instructions are not. If you don?t have the step by step process information available, good luck. I keep searching for this information, occasionally finding it and successfully making stars. Hopefully this forum might help me with more input.

You best bet would be to look at a part time job at FA (Fireworks America). It's a hard battle to get into display fireworks in CA, and they have some pretty terrible laws about explosives, chemicals, etc. and absolutely will find a reason to jam you up.

https://www.fireworksamerica.com/contact

displayfireworks1
03-23-2022, 07:25 PM
You best bet would be to look at a part time job at FA (Fireworks America). It's a hard battle to get into display fireworks in CA, and they have some pretty terrible laws about explosives, chemicals, etc. and absolutely will find a reason to jam you up.

https://www.fireworksamerica.com/contact

He is not looking for job. He keeps experiments like he is someone is going to be looking for him in California. LOL

Arclight
03-24-2022, 01:35 AM
He is not looking for job. He keeps experiments like he is someone is going to be looking for him in California. LOL

Careful, LA might come blow their bomb squad truck up again.