PDA

View Full Version : Xholders with Dominator Products

SystemXpert
02-22-2022, 02:00 PM
Due to shortages in AOP, I am branching out this year from SO76 and was able to get bunch of Dominator Mines and Comets. These range in size from 30MM to 50MM. I have a bunch of Xholders and 76 slider plates. In the past, using these with 76 Mines and Comets was not a problem. However, the Dominator line of PRO products appear to be longer than similar 76 products. Has anyone had experience to share using Xholders with longer items? The dominator products appear to be 8-12 inches long, which is a good bit taller than the Xholders.

Scotty Rockets
02-22-2022, 10:19 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6127&stc=1

No problem.

SystemXpert
02-23-2022, 12:30 AM

No problem.

Works for me! Just wanted to see someone else had success before I spent money on new holders. Thanks!

esgrillo
02-23-2022, 08:49 PM
As a side note, Dominator mines and comets are generally WAY better than 76. Higher and brighter. Especially anything with a tiger tail. You will like.

cduesman
02-24-2022, 06:16 PM
Not sure that I've ever seen an apples to apples (same size/effect) comparision between Dominator and 76/Vulcan comet/mine. I've been happy with performance of both of them.

I've had more problems with ports over the years with Dominator product. I've seen ports that are full of lift powder (no proper screen to keep the powder out, and no place for the powder to go). I've seen ports that are weird sizes (not big enough for an shrouded ematch or way too big). I've seen plugs that leaked powder. I know others that have had 50mm mines blow up the tubes and 30mm meteors that blew off the plug. I haven't had any of these issues with Vulcan/76 stuff.

The X-Holders work fine with either product, I try to make sure the tubes are supported as much as possible on the bottoms. The Zip ties are time consuming. For straight up stuff that fits inside a normal mortar, I find it faster to drop comets in a mortar rack.

Chris

Scotty Rockets
02-24-2022, 09:32 PM
Dominator lacks twist lock ports, and if you happen to have twist lock ematches, it’s a total pita ematching dominator product. Dominator if you’re around here, please use twist lock ports. My favorite comet is the 40mm good wave from 76, and btw most of 76 singles and slices are Vulcan, and Vulcan is great and most devices come from there own factory, whereas Dominator owns no factories and outsources everything, that’s why there is so much inconsistency in performance and construction in their product.

Matt
02-25-2022, 09:22 AM
Dominator lacks twist lock ports, and if you happen to have twist lock ematches, it?s a total pita ematching dominator product. Dominator if you?re around here, please use twist lock ports. My favorite comet is the 40mm good wave from 76, and btw most of 76 singles and slices are Vulcan, and Vulcan is great and most devices come from there own factory, whereas Dominator owns no factories and outsources everything, that?s why there is so much inconsistency in performance and construction in their product.

Dominator ports are very simple to use. Take the plug off, put the ematch in, put the plug over top of it. You are done. What is so hard about that? The same ports have been used for over 15 years now without issue for 100s of 1000s of pieces.

EVERY supplier uses multiple factories for their products. I can assure you that Vulcan and Dominator both use some of the same factories. There are only a handful of factories available, so if you ever visited one you will see lots of brands there. Even the brands that try to tell you that they make all of their items themselves. That's never true.

SystemXpert
03-04-2022, 04:22 PM
As a side note, Dominator mines and comets are generally WAY better than 76. Higher and brighter. Especially anything with a tiger tail. You will like.

Cool! I can?t wait!