PDA

View Full Version : Add another to PA!

mattyhuggz
02-10-2022, 12:23 PM
My Type 54 arrived yesterday, 13 days after the interview. The interview was about 2 hours long. Mostly because we kept getting off topic and just chatting. It was pretty laid back overall. Here is what the timeline looked like.
12/4/21- mailed app
12/11/21- check cashed
1/18/22- phone call
1/27/22- interview
2/9/22- envelopes received

jknepp1954
02-10-2022, 02:34 PM
now don't forget about your first love of 1.4g just because you got type 54! The 2 mixed together is AWESOME!

mattyhuggz
02-10-2022, 03:03 PM
now don't forget about your first love of 1.4g just because you got type 54! The 2 mixed together is AWESOME!

Oh I won't!. 1.4g is where we all get started for the most part I would imagine. And I agree that mixing them together in a backyard show would be awesome, looking forward for my first combined show. I've heard nothing but great things about your store and will hopefully be able to get out there this spring/summer.

displayfireworks1
02-10-2022, 08:35 PM
Congratulations on getting your ATF license. This is a actually a good time of year to apply. From your documented dates we can probably predict future applicant time frames in that area.
Joyce , don't worry some of my research years back showed new ATF license holders continue to purchase 1.4 fireworks and more fireworks overall for at least the first 3 years once licensed. Fireworks enthusiast getting ATF licensed is win not only for the license holder, but the entire fireworks industry.

Salutecake
02-11-2022, 09:03 AM
Hey ! thing, I believe you Should Not sign the original -- is that correct anyone?

PyroJoeNEPA
02-11-2022, 11:02 AM
Hey ! thing, I believe you Should Not sign the original -- is that correct anyone?

Yes--I have been told by 1.3 sellers requiring a copy for their files to submit a copy and sign it in BLUE ink. Keep the original to make other copies if needed, and also---keep a copy in your vehicle.

Salutecake
02-11-2022, 11:23 AM
Thanks PyroJoeNEPA, I remembered somewhere some one said not to sign it, lol this getting old stuff, lol.

What I did was to cut out (of a copy) in one of the corners of the original FEL a smaller copy and I keep it in my wallet.

mattyhuggz
02-11-2022, 11:36 AM
I had read or seen on one of Dave's videos to not sign the original and to keep a copy in my car. Also laminated and put the wallet sized cut-out(copy) in my wallet. I do have one question though, when I give a signed copy to a distributor do I cut off the bottom half and just give them the top? or the whole page with the wallet cut-out portion and all?

PyroJoeNEPA
02-11-2022, 08:01 PM
I had read or seen on one of Dave's videos to not sign the original and to keep a copy in my car. Also laminated and put the wallet sized cut-out(copy) in my wallet. I do have one question though, when I give a signed copy to a distributor do I cut off the bottom half and just give them the top? or the whole page with the wallet cut-out portion and all?

Just the top half with your signature.

displayfireworks1
02-11-2022, 08:56 PM
Fax and/or email a copy to the distributor that provided your contingency. They can add you into their records plus it gives them positive feedback they are adding a new 1.3 customer. We as advanced hobbyist users of 1.3 fireworks have a symbiotic relationship with 1.3 distributors. They need properly licensed users to purchase their products and we need them to provide us with the proper documents to get licensed. Remember you can not just show up and purchase 1.3 fireworks. They need you in their system and to give advance notice of your order prior to pick up. The distributor also sets up the terms of payment.

mattyhuggz
02-12-2022, 09:05 AM
Fax and/or email a copy to the distributor that provided your contingency. They can add you into their records plus it gives them positive feedback they are adding a new 1.3 customer. We as advanced hobbyist users of 1.3 fireworks have a symbiotic relationship with 1.3 distributors. They need properly licensed users to purchase their products and we need them to provide us with the proper documents to get licensed. Remember you can not just show up and purchase 1.3 fireworks. They need you in their system and to give advance notice of your order prior to pick up. The distributor also sets up the terms of payment.

Will do Dave. Thank you for this website and the videos you make. Both are assets to the hobbyist/enthusiast.

DMario
02-12-2022, 06:07 PM
Was your interview in person or are they still doing virtual interviews.

mattyhuggz
02-12-2022, 06:56 PM
Was your interview in person or are they still doing virtual interviews.

It was in person.

215less
02-20-2022, 11:57 PM
Congratulations and another to the SE region. Cheers mate.

ETnepa
06-12-2022, 07:40 AM
Congrats! 1.3 + 1.4 is where its at. Unfortunately Im having an impossible time getting 1.3 this year. The ATF guy was the one who told me not to sign my original license in case it was stolen.