PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Cobra Command Center

Greenville Pyro
02-09-2022, 10:30 AM
So I've been looking at the Cobra Command Center. I would like to hear what the benefits are of the system from someone who uses one. Right now I am shooting with the 18r2 with a booster and an audiobox. I have no immediate plans to move to SIMPTE. Other than being able to watch the cakes light up on a screen as they fire, what benefits would I get by investing in this? Also, I have access to an Ipad, but it does not appear from the connectors that this is well supported. Maybe I'm missing something. Thank you in advance.

displayfireworks1
02-09-2022, 09:07 PM
Great question. How many times a year are you shooting, how many modules do you have (type). Are you using all Consumer Fireworks , any Articles of Pyrotechnics, or 1.3 ? How long have you been using the Cobra system. Some of the other members that will answer this may want that additional information. This also assumes your displays are just friends and family.

esgrillo
02-09-2022, 10:33 PM
I don't have command center but use control panel. Everyone can make their own decision on how important the extra battery life, seahorse box, connectivity, and SMTPE is but I would strongly suggest the control panel software and a cheap tablet. I only shoot one or 2 shows a year so all the features for the rest of the command center are really not worth the money.

I had old Dell Android tablet I bought the software for and have really liked it since I started using it. The biggest benefit IMO is the ability to check your set up on shoot day. The graphics allow you to see all kids of info for multiple mods at the same time and show exceptions as well. There is is a good video online from cobra showing all the details. During your shoot the visual display is somewhat helpful but when the script is really moving even the graphics for that are pretty much useless as each script line moves so quickly across the screen.

I also mounted my small tablet to the front of my 18R2 so it is very mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUyY0H7PqY

Greenville Pyro
02-10-2022, 10:14 AM
Great question. How many times a year are you shooting, how many modules do you have (type). Are you using all Consumer Fireworks , any Articles of Pyrotechnics, or 1.3 ? How long have you been using the Cobra system. Some of the other members that will answer this may want that additional information. This also assumes your displays are just friends and family.

1 shoot a year. Sometimes I bust it out at a club meet with 1 module for demo days. 10 modules. No slats or sequencers yet. Consumer, AP and 1.3. Using it 3 years. Very comfortable with it