PDA

View Full Version : Non-Hazmat Shipping

FinnAmerican
02-06-2022, 01:30 AM
I ordered some packs of crackling Magic Whip w/Bomb from an online store that sold Novelty Fireworks. It shipped through UPS...Does UPS ship Fireworks..? Should it have been by Hazmat freight..? I noticed they also ship Adult Snaps. Are they legal to deliver by non-hazmat trucks?

Arclight
02-06-2022, 11:02 PM
Yes, UPS and USPS will deliver certain items without hazmat. You can buy MJG Firewires this way.

topshelfpyro
02-07-2022, 10:44 AM
Yes, UPS and USPS will deliver certain items without hazmat. You can buy MJG Firewires this way.

Why am I always paying for Fedex hazmat when I buy firewire? Is this like when companies ship fuse by priority mail (illegal) instead of ground?

Arclight
02-07-2022, 04:35 PM
Here's what the MJG site says:

Attention for time critical orders! Through a special permit, USPS will allow us to ship Firewire by Parcel Post only. This process is not like priority, and normally is 5-10 business days. It does not track, or move on weekends, like priority mail. It will show you an incorrect delivery date and only update when it leaves our local office and arrives at yours. It will not update along the way. Fedex is available, however they will charge an additional $50 hazmat fee to go by ground, and need an adult signature. Check the box in the shopping area below the quantity when ordering.

Wholesale Fireworks
02-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Those items that are not novelty and deregulated by DOT cannot be legally shipped via any ground ( Fed Ex, UPS USPS) however there are companies that do so and are doing it illegally.

displayfireworks1
02-07-2022, 10:07 PM
Someone in the fireworks industry did something that is not fully legal or done according to regulations. ..... Shocking.... LOL Don't assume the practice of one seller in the industry is the standard of practice for everyone in the industry.

Wholesale Fireworks
02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Someone in the fireworks industry did something that is not fully legal or done according to regulations. ..... Shocking.... LOL Don't assume the practice of one seller in the industry is the standard of practice for everyone in the industry.

LOL Spot on Dave.

nightstalker
02-12-2022, 09:24 PM
Isn't this the kind of stuff that can make it bad for all of us ? Doing something illegal.

jamisonlm3
02-12-2022, 11:33 PM
Isn't this the kind of stuff that can make it bad for all of us ? Doing something illegal.You mean like tke the guys that were selling "labels" on ebay?