PDA

View Full Version : New member from PA

Otherone65
01-22-2022, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a firework fan since I was a kid, and have been progressively putting bigger displays together over the last ten years or so. I've used a couple cheap e-fire systems in the past, but have largely fused my show together. I finally decided to make the jump to a Cobra system and take it to the next level. I look forward to learning from all of you and taking my hobby further.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-22-2022, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the Forum. What part of PA are you located in? There are a lot of pyros in PA.

displayfireworks1
01-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Thanks Joe, I'll help this new fireworks enthusiast along because I am a little familiar with his situation and it may be typical of other advancing fireworks enthusiast. First off he is located on the eastern part of Pennsylvania in Kellner Fireworks territory, LOL. Secondly, apparently demand for these Cobra Systems is so high at the moment there is now a wait and back-order. I can't speak for Cobra but apparently if you try to purchase a Cobra System today you are going to have to wait a bit until it ships to you. With the recent secondary United States pyro holiday "New Years Eve" that just passed , it stimulated the pyro spirit in fireworks enthusiast. Many of these advancing fireworks enthusiast are following some of my videos, purchasing my ATF and/or Articles of Pyrotechnics education program etc. They may have watched my recent 2 minutes New Years Fireworks videos and/or realized its time to move into electrical firing of a display. a shorter in duration and more of focused fireworks display.
On a side note, it is great because this advancing enthusiast posted what some of my research has confirmed. Without going into too much boring detail, the typical ADVANCING user , goes first,into the long fuse and tape, then the talon's and then the import systems. Why do they pick the import systems? To experiment and still try to keep their same budgetary constraints. Now we have supply chain issues and regulatory issue's with fuse and electric match etc. I probably need to make a video to explain it all because I do not want to type 60 paragraphs. LOL In short, the future of the ADVANCING backyard fireworks enthusiast has never been brighter. The equipment, education, and product availability is out there for you, it currently just takes a little extra effort on the part of the advancing fireworks enthusiast.

jknepp1954
01-23-2022, 08:20 AM
Welcome to pyro talk! Would be awesome to meet you sometime. We have a store in central PA - hope you stroll over this way sometime!

Otherone65
01-25-2022, 03:37 PM
I'm located in Butler, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Not too far from Kellner's, but I'm pretty loyal to Wholesale Fireworks. Jknepp1954, I will definitely need to make a stop at your store in the near future. A customer of mine has been to your store and had good things to say! I look forward to learning from all of you and advancing my hobby!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-26-2022, 12:25 AM
Welcome aboard Otherone65. My father's family came from Homer City, Pa and some still live in Sharon, Pa. My wife was born in Uniontown, Pa. Me, I was born and raised in Cleveland. Still wound up with a Pa girl!

Anyway... Welcome. I also use a Cobra system. You're going to love yours. Lots of smart people in here that can help you if you have any questions. So don't be shy!

Wholesale Fireworks
01-27-2022, 11:30 AM
I'm located in Butler, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Not too far from Kellner's, but I'm pretty loyal to Wholesale Fireworks. Jknepp1954, I will definitely need to make a stop at your store in the near future. A customer of mine has been to your store and had good things to say! I look forward to learning from all of you and advancing my hobby!

Thank you for the shout out and welcome to the forum. Keep watching your email and our website for 2022 price list anoouncment

Otherone65
01-28-2022, 09:47 AM
I'm patiently waiting for the new price list!

Otherone65
01-28-2022, 09:48 AM
Thanks Rick, I appreciate it!