PDA

View Full Version : FREE FIREWORKS - In Florida - Kind Of

PyroFL
01-21-2022, 04:02 PM
Did you take Dave?s AP online class or get your ATF License?

Live in the Central Florida area?

Come shoot my show ...

Unfortunately I?ve just confirmed I will be working for the fourth and NO WAY I can get out of it.

I was told even if I called in dead I would still need to show up to work!

So Basically my pyro crew and I will have everything done before the fourth and I need someone to be the lead on show day as my crew only has one year under there belt. They seem confident that they can do it by themselves but I rather have someone here with experience.

So if any pyro(s) out there that knows the cobra system and wouldn?t mind helping my crew out and hitting the FIRE button on the fourth please let me know.

Bring your family and have a good time on our $8,000 firework budget.

displayfireworks1
01-22-2022, 08:00 PM
Sounds interesting. Please clarify a few things. When you say shoot "My Show" is this a NOT for profit private display or a FOR profit shoot for a Display Company? A friends and family shoot?

PyroFL
01-23-2022, 12:15 PM
Great questions Dave

This is a our family backyard event done by our family for years.

Last year was the first time we had taken donations to help offset our family cost for the fireworks.

No one makes money, our family loves doing our fourth show every year but we notice every year we had more and more people from our HOA showing up ... so we started asking people to chip in.

This show is just for our families within the HOA, all day event

When I say shoot my show, it’s our family hosting the event. Looking for someone that wouldn’t mind filling in for me as lead.

I know some guys don’t have the budget for a show like this and maybe would like to head up a show like this in person ... like I ones did ... it’s a win-win

displayfireworks1
01-23-2022, 08:42 PM
Thanks for clarification. If this was a business for profit shoot, I would have objected. I keep trying to get these cheap ass display companies to sign up on pyrotalk if they are looking for shooters. Lots of time between now and then. Let see how it goes.

PyroFL
01-24-2022, 10:32 AM
I don’t understand why they don’t post on here. From my understanding from Tampa Rick they rely on word-of-mouth.

I’ve personally volunteered to help a lot of backyard guys which is always great to learn new things from others. That said I’ve only gotten one call ever to help on a pro show in Clearwater but unfortunately I had to tell Rick I couldn’t do it as I was already booked to help another group.

word-of-mouth is great but if you have a great platform like this, why not use it!!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-26-2022, 12:38 AM
For what it's worth, I can personally attest that PyroFl's show is some serious pyro. Anyone looking to expand their Cobra skills while shooting a large 1.4G show would do themselves a favor by taking him up on his offer. He also has a crew that I envy! They are engaged and very helpful. What they lack in experience, they more than make up for in enthusiasm and elbow grease! If I didn't already fill my garage up with pyro for the 4th, I would have jumped all over this opportunity myself.

PyroFL
01-27-2022, 10:58 AM
Rick I will 100% need someone like you if your around and open for the fourth in 2023.

Big plans for 2023 with the theme being “Fire”.

- Building 3 barges for the lake for effects and going to do
- Shooting off 5 floating water cakes
- 8 fire machines
- 4+ one gallon gas mines
- 1 five gallon gas mine
- 12 LED lights

Music is done

Just need one more year under my belt with the cobra with timing and spacing before the big show.

This year is mostly for more testing for next year

Birdman
01-27-2022, 11:09 AM
Tempting proposition even though I'm well north of Fl. If it wasn't a 4th show I would consider traveling to help. Not sure I would feel comfortable taking the lead only having a couple of years worth of Cobra experience under my belt.

PyroFL
01-27-2022, 02:26 PM
Birdman and other pyros

I’ve changed up everything I do, designed some electron boards so I can fire 3 slats off of one cue.

Everything will be numbered and color coded, slats, cables, boards, slice racks and so on.

Am getting away from hooking up MJG’s in the field. Everything will be pre-wired to slats and done in a AC garage weeks ahead of time by the crew and not in the 102+ heat index we get every year.

The main reasons I would like someone to replace me is safety safety safety!! Check, re-check and then check again to make sure everything is safe and done correctly. I probley go over board on checking everything but I think it’s better then seeing someone getting hurt or worse. Sample would be I put 2 long stakes in the ground one on each side of 9 on a board like whacky tobacky and then run duck tape around it to make sure it doesn’t move or if it had a blow out it doesn’t flip on it’s side.

The other reason is they don’t know the cobra system at all or how to fix small problems that come up or do they have Zack on speed dial (LOL)

PyroFL
03-08-2022, 08:12 PM
In 2 weeks I will be getting in my 4th pallet from
AWF which am very looking forward to!

I Have the music mix picked out and will start scripting in the coming weeks.

Which also means I still have the opening to be lead on our HOA shoot if anyone is interested as I will be working doing the WorldGames.

Anybody interested let’s build a show together and scripted it together ... should be a lot of fun!

displayfireworks1
03-09-2022, 08:35 PM
You are feeling some of the pressure that those in the Display Fireworks Industry feel. LOL Imagine the display industry selling multiple fireworks displays for the July 4th holiday and hoping to find enough part time experienced people to shoot them all. Now add in CDL driver license with hazmat endorsements etc. I get nervous just thinking about the pressure on the display industry. LOL
With your current situation , hang in there. Most fireworks enthusiast don't start to get the pyro-fever until around the first week of April.

PyroFL
03-09-2022, 09:11 PM
April, now that?s funny or sad and shows I have a BIG problem

Am already planning 2023 and 2024 shows.

Not to worried yet, I know my crew says they can do it but I rather have someone that?s done a few shows with the cobra system then just hand my crew the keys. That said anyone who has a cobra system will most likely be doing there own show. I am hoping by my show being on the 4th not Saturday 2nd like most are doing, someone will take me up on it.

Just as a side note Dave I have my Class A CDL and endorsements! Requirement for my job although I am a engineer. Let?s move some fireworks am ready

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2022, 11:09 PM
Rick I will 100% need someone like you if your around and open for the fourth in 2023.

As things stand now I plan to be free in 2023. So unless the wife gets on me to do a show (highly unlikely), or the good Lord hits the smite button on me (more likely!) I plan to be in Auburndale next year on the 4th.

PyroFL
03-10-2022, 12:49 PM
Great News Rick!!

Bring all of the family and we will make a full day of it!

Did I tell you about 40’ Canon were installing yet?

vegassalute
03-20-2022, 11:35 AM
Great to see you again Rick! Here's to another great year in pyro. Expensive, but hopefully great!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-11-2022, 09:49 PM
Great News Rick!!

Bring all of the family and we will make a full day of it!

Did I tell you about 40’ Canon were installing yet?

40' cannon?! OMG... No, I would have remembered that conversation! I am intrigued. Hit me up offline and spill the details. :cool:

Rick_In_Tampa
04-11-2022, 09:51 PM
Great to see you again Rick! Here's to another great year in pyro. Expensive, but hopefully great!

VEGAS!! How the hell are ya?! Long time no type. Where ya been? I hope all is well with you and yours. Great to see you back. Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I bought myself a new guitar that's been taking up all my free time. PyroFl finally shamed me into doing some scripting this past weekend. I got two songs done before I got sidetracked and stopped. So I'm way behind this year. As usual.

You shooting a show this year? Catch me up!

PyroFL
04-19-2022, 08:38 AM
UPDATE

I am now at 40-60 I'll be back just for the 4th, my employer is working on it, all depending on the clients needs that day. With that said am still looking for someone to fill my shoes on the 4th or even if at the last moment I can make it stick around and we will have a blast.

One of my neighbors has offer to fly up to get me if I pay for fuel, checking in to this to make sure it doesnt break the bank. Just not sure when I can make it back so best to have a backup person as I maybe will not show up until late in the day

Rick_In_Tampa
04-19-2022, 03:43 PM
UPDATE

I am now at 40-60 I'll be back just for the 4th, my employer is working on it, all depending on the clients needs that day. With that said am still looking for someone to fill my shoes on the 4th or even if at the last moment I can make it stick around and we will have a blast.

One of my neighbors has offer to fly up to get me if I pay for fuel, checking in to this to make sure it doesnt break the bank. Just not sure when I can make it back so best to have a backup person as I maybe will not show up until late in the day

Yikes! What kind of aircraft does he fly? I just checked and 100LL is going for $6.16 a gallon right now at Lakeland Linder.

http://www.100ll.com/showfbo.php?HashID=a7dcf2da52b0900460072847596c2b2 0

PyroFL
04-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Not to sure.

When I told him I need to cruise in style in a challenger 650 with ladies in bikinis he just laugh at me. My wife said “you better be talking about me” LOL

Then told me what it was, Beechcraft something, blue strips that’s all I can remember, double propeller. His going to get back to me in the next couple of days with landing fees and fuel costs but at $6.16 P/G I think I’ll just use my delta points.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-21-2022, 10:16 PM
Not to sure.

When I told him I need to cruise in style in a challenger 650 with ladies in bikinis he just laugh at me. My wife said ?you better be talking about me? LOL

Then told me what it was, Beechcraft something, blue strips that?s all I can remember, double propeller. His going to get back to me in the next couple of days with landing fees and fuel costs but at $6.16 P/G I think I?ll just use my delta points.

Back when I learned to fly in the mid-90's, it was $55 an hour and that included fuel AND an instructor (for a Cessna 172). Last summer just for giggles I called up the flight school in Lakeland to see what it would cost me to get requalified. They told me the base price is $350 an hour PLUS fuel PLUS instructor! I told them they were crazy. They can keep their airplane.

A Beechcraft twin could be quite pricey. The Cessna 172 (single engine) burns about 8.5 gallons per hour. So you can figure the Beechcraft twin is going to be at least twice that. Plus possible landing fees (which I think is unlikely, and cheap if required). Considering your friend would have to fly 4 legs to get you, take where you need to go, bring you back, then go home.... Yeah... I'd say Delta points is the smart choice.

esgrillo
04-21-2022, 11:48 PM
Not to sure.

When I told him I need to cruise in style in a challenger 650 with ladies in bikinis he just laugh at me. My wife said ?you better be talking about me? LOL

Then told me what it was, Beechcraft something, blue strips that?s all I can remember, double propeller. His going to get back to me in the next couple of days with landing fees and fuel costs but at $6.16 P/G I think I?ll just use my delta points.

Ok it wasn't a 650, only a 300 but it was still awesome lol. Best way to travel if you can. I happen to have a very good friend with parents that have $$$. ;)

Rick_In_Tampa
04-22-2022, 03:33 PM
Ok it wasn't a 650, only a 300 but it was still awesome lol. Best way to travel if you can. I happen to have a very good friend with parents that have $$$. ;)

Lol... "Only a 300".... Poor baby. Almost like flying coach I'll bet.

Those are great friends to have! I never had that problem unfortunately. My only friend was Uncle Sam. I got to sit in the jump seat on a C-5 whenever I flew. Been all around the world on "Fred." Some great, and some not so great places. But there's really no other way to fly than Fred! To keep the post "on topic," we took a load of rockets from Warner Robins Georgia to Okinawa once. That was a fun time!

PyroFL
06-11-2022, 05:36 PM
We’re getting close to the 4th?

Anyone in Florida not doing a show and would like to be lead on mine?

Let me know right away

I would like to find somebody that is familiar with the Cobra, my guys will do the rest.