View Full Version : Brands

cody138
01-17-2022, 06:57 PM
Ok so just for my own personal information I was looking at different suppliers today to see who has what in stock and each carries different brands which got me thinking what are the best? So I figured lets ask the group. So what are everyone's go to manufactures. "ie" Liberty Bell, TNT, Pyro Demon, Brite Star, Magnus, Racoon, Winda Etc. Either list you favorite brand of if you have more then 1 list in order 1-xxxxx.

Salutecake
01-18-2022, 08:22 AM
For me, it's the individual product, cake or shell or whatever. The brand to me, usually just determines the quality of the potential product. So for the most part I shop online at companies that have vids of the products and part of that is looking at products that people online and the last part buying a product for a specific effect.
The brand or the name of the brand reflects the general quality of their products but all brands do not necessarily have the product I am looking for, so to be brand specific is hard form me, especially when products change so much.
But I will say that except for TNT and Liberty Bell, I do purchase a lot from the other brands you mention but definitely not specific to one brand.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-18-2022, 12:44 PM
AFW and DF1 of course ..http://www.wfboom.com

flashfuse
01-18-2022, 03:52 PM
There are many great brands, but even great brands have some items that are so so, I would cherry pick the best items from the best brands, anything you need to know will be on the web ( You-tube) . good luck

Birdman
01-19-2022, 09:17 AM
I usually shop by effect(s), price etc too and do not go looking for any particular brand. If I had to recommend a brand to someone that is just randomly buying a firework, I would suggest Brothers. Their cakes usually have multiple effects and are paced well. I don't ever recall being disappointed by a Brothers cake. However, I avoid multiple effect cakes as much as possible as these are much more difficult to fit into a script.

morrison2951
01-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Another vote for Brothers.

49 shot each High Falutin and Hit The Road, Jack some of the best cakes available for duration and effects.

Scotty Rockets
01-20-2022, 02:06 AM
Most brands are made by several of the same factories. Most instances the only true branding is the factory code on the case, it’s a number sequence, the F# such as F108 will be the factory code. Also the last 2 digits in that sequence will be the manufacture date.

For some of the best symmetrical breaking fireworks look for factory code F467 and F540.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-20-2022, 07:06 AM
Any of the Dominator or SO76 Pro Line has been my go-to. However, I must say, I have been impressed by the Brothers and Winda products I've shot lately. Very nice colors and performance.

captainpryo
01-21-2022, 02:38 PM
Most brands are made by several of the same factories. Most instances the only true branding is the factory code on the case, it’s a number sequence, the F# such as F108 will be the factory code. Also the last 2 digits in that sequence will be the manufacture date.

For some of the best symmetrical breaking fireworks look for factory code F467 and F540.

I would also add 49F108 as high end factory, they make a lot of great 2" 9 and 10 shot cakes because they are still ball shells loaded instead of canisters

cduesman
01-24-2022, 01:20 AM
Factory 108 is my favorite as well. Their 2" 9, 10 and 12 shots are great. You'll see them sold under lots of brands (Dominator, World Class, Winda, Sky Bacon, etc.).

I've seen several items that were made at factory 108 in previous years being made in factory 499 now. Some of the 2021 Dominator Mammoth series was in 499 instead of 108 as in previous years. It's annoying when an item changes factories all the time. Sometimes the factory change is a drastic change in performance or timing.

I try to keep a list of products and which factory makes them by year. http://pyro.duesman.net/factory-codes/view
You can sort by factory or product.

Chris

Scotty Rockets
01-24-2022, 05:54 PM
Have you notice a quality difference between 108 and 499?

Factory 108 is my favorite as well. Their 2" 9, 10 and 12 shots are great. You'll see them sold under lots of brands (Dominator, World Class, Winda, Sky Bacon, etc.).

I've seen several items that were made at factory 108 in previous years being made in factory 499 now. Some of the 2021 Dominator Mammoth series was in 499 instead of 108 as in previous years. It's annoying when an item changes factories all the time. Sometimes the factory change is a drastic change in performance or timing.

I try to keep a list of products and which factory makes them by year. http://pyro.duesman.net/factory-codes/view

Chris

cduesman
01-24-2022, 06:54 PM
Have you notice a quality difference between 108 and 499?

I haven't shot any from 499 yet.

I've shot some mixed factory Mammoth Brocades in a show awhile back. Some were from 108 and the others were either 221 or 319. They seemed to perform comparable.

I've had some Mammoth Peony, Mini Mammoth Strobe and Braggin Rights that were not from 108 that peformed less than what the videos and 108 made versions performed. I believe these were from factory 319 or 305. Their crappy performance is what inspired me to start tracking factory codes. Mammoth Peony and Mammoth Strobe quality varies quite a bit over the years as they bounced between several factories.

A lot of the stuff going to 499 is faily new 2020/2021. Sharp Shooter from Certified Black Label was factory 108 and went to 499 back in 2018.

I'm curious if Dominator Detonator (DM204C5) moved to 499. They had been pretty conistently factory 108 going back several years. I picked up a pro version of Detonator "12s Vertical 2 inch color wave shells" (DMP204C5) and it's factory 499 in 2021.

I have a case of Spirit of 76 Realtree "Snow Trax" on order. It was factory 108 in 2019, but the picture I saw from Spirit of 76 showed the current 2021 was from 499. I'm hoping it performs as well.

Chris

Scotty Rockets
01-27-2022, 04:15 AM
Thanks, we all appreciate what you do with keeping up with your factory code data base.

Matt
01-27-2022, 03:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with 499. It's a huge factory that can produce more than 108. They just got their exporting license a few years ago, but typically make for the domestic market that is much bigger than exporting. They went into exporting because they can charge more.

Detonator 2021/22 is from 108.

captainpryo
02-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Here one of the really nice cakes factory 499 makes

absolute42
04-13-2022, 11:57 AM

Chris

thanks for this.

I've done small shows for years but purchased a few ignitei18 modules and I'm getting into pyromusicals.
I plan to purchase some 1.4pro from awf so this really helps locate the better performers.

6afraidof7
04-26-2022, 10:09 AM
Galactic Glitter in the background is no slouch either IMO....

Jay_
04-27-2022, 01:43 PM
Hale Products: Pyro Predator, Golden Bear, Kong, Shotgun. Good stuff