PDA

View Full Version : Adult "Bang Snaps" explosion in China

FinnAmerican
01-14-2022, 02:12 PM
Recent video (January 2, 2022) showing a whole case of "Bang Snaps" exploding in China. Whoa! I guess the sawdust doesn't work anymore. I hope no restrictions are imposed on these, do to this incident. I've seen other videos where the factory tests out a case of red Snaps by dropping it off a small building, not one of the packs were damaged.
Maybe it's time to stock up on these little guys, before they ban them...

https://www.newsflare.com/video/473014/box-of-bang-snaps-explodes-as-logistics-workers-unload-parcels-in-china

jknepp1954
01-14-2022, 03:25 PM
First of all - these are probably the adult snaps - not the kid paper snaps.
Many of the mfg have now changed method. instead of the sawdust filled bags, now its a plastic cased protective insert over the layer of snaps. We just a small amount a couple month ago from Raccoon - when i get time - i can take pics for comparison of 1 vs the other. Of couse with the extra pkg - they cut down the contents into a cs as well - so costs more than the sawdust filled bags but safer. When i get the pics i will send to Dave - as i still don't know how to download onto forums -

RalphieJ
01-14-2022, 03:57 PM
I can believe this happening with torpedoes made with flash via sympathetic detonation, but snaps? Something fishy here...........

Ctpyro180
01-14-2022, 08:55 PM
First of all - these are probably the adult snaps - not the kid paper snaps.
Many of the mfg have now changed method. instead of the sawdust filled bags, now its a plastic cased protective insert over the layer of snaps. We just a small amount a couple month ago from Raccoon - when i get time - i can take pics for comparison of 1 vs the other. Of couse with the extra pkg - they cut down the contents into a cs as well - so costs more than the sawdust filled bags but safer. When i get the pics i will send to Dave - as i still don't know how to download onto forums -

I also questioned that packaging as I have some experience with 1.4G packaging requirements and mass detonation...curious on what type of packaging was used in that video.... and the case looks a lot larger that what we import here in the US

displayfireworks1
01-14-2022, 10:08 PM
Here is a video from YouTube. Note it says video is from China. Who knows what the real story is.
/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq81pBnlVPg

Rick_In_Tampa
01-15-2022, 04:23 AM
Wow. At first I thought the explosion came from directly under the camera position. Doing a frame by frame, it definitely didn't. Wow. That poor women never knew what hit her.