PDA

View Full Version : Notice posted at local Phantom

FinnAmerican
01-12-2022, 09:24 PM
I came across this image online, from a nearby Phantom (taken 12/2020)
My Question: Why would you need to register in order to purchase fuse and firing systems..?

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6108&stc=1

displayfireworks1
01-12-2022, 09:43 PM
You need to know some of the history of terrorist attacks and/or jealous boyfriend attacks. Most fireworks enthusiast assume everyone enjoys fireworks in an entertainment fashion. There is more going on than what the average user knows. Retailers should be suspicious of someone random person that shows up that just wants to purchase fuse and firing systems in addition to the most powerful fireworks you sell.
Glad you brought this up. This is something all retailers should be aware of. I hear about many of these almost events and just never repeat them. I think it is great thing for a customer you never saw before. It's an example of the industry policing its-self. That is good thing.

topshelfpyro
01-12-2022, 11:54 PM
The 1 and only time I went into a phantom store (3 years ago) they required you to register at the front desk just to look around. They also had local sheriffs office deputys inside and outside the store.

Arclight
01-13-2022, 12:02 AM
The Phantom stores in Wyoming make you sign up for their "buyer's club" to shop, which is effectively the same thing. Flash powder is a real explosive and no joke.

BMoore
01-13-2022, 11:12 AM
I don't think I've ever purchased fireworks (at least in the last 30 years) that didn't require showing an ID and signing some kind of form. I suspect Phantom was running into issues with people arguing that they didn't need to do so because they weren't buying fireworks, just fuse and igniting system. For the reasons Dave mentioned, those are actually the people that they need to be most concerned with.