View Full Version : 1.4G Pro Items Shortage?

SystemXpert
01-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I just got the early special pricing list for Spirit of 76. No surprise, prices are up from last year. However, I noticed virtually no Pro Items in stock (Mines, FanSweeps, Slices, Tubes, Comets, etc.) While I like shooting cakes and canister shells, it is hard to plan a show with no single shot effects. I loved the 40MM Dahlia Mines they carried last year. I heard a rumor that few if any vendor have these items. My hope is that some of them become available when Spirit gets their Product Drop on Jan 18th. Has anyone heard anything?

displayfireworks1
01-04-2022, 03:00 PM
Email one of the sales people at Spirit of 76. I'm sure they can give you some sort of update. I know there are many regular fireworks already made that are just stuck in China with all of these shipping troubles. I suspect as demand increase as we approach the July 4th season more and more products will start to arrive.

SystemXpert
01-04-2022, 06:44 PM
Email one of the sales people at Spirit of 76. I'm sure they can give you some sort of update. I know there are many regular fireworks already made that are just stuck in China with all of these shipping troubles. I suspect as demand increase as we approach the July 4th season more and more products will start to arrive.

Yep, did that earlier today. If I hear anything, I will post for everyone.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-05-2022, 06:38 AM
I buy from SO76 and I was told they don't expect any AOP stuff until June/July timeframe.

That was maybe a month ago now, so..... Who knows.

esgrillo
01-06-2022, 09:03 PM
damn Rick... I am glad I am skipping this 4th, not sure how you can script/plan when you have no idea what the product choices will be.... maybe the following year there will be some normalcy.

SystemXpert
01-07-2022, 11:38 AM
damn Rick... I am glad I am skipping this 4th, not sure how you can script/plan when you have no idea what the product choices will be.... maybe the following year there will be some normalcy.

Ed, Your not doing a 4th of July Show this year? Yours are the best!

esgrillo
01-07-2022, 01:05 PM
No I am skipping. It is a planned thing as my crew wanted a break (me too) after doing it 10yrs in a row. Plus I have my youngest graduating from HS this year and wanted to be open to college related trips as much as possible.

It certainly has worked out as a good year to skip due to supply issues. I completely script my show in early Dec to take advantage of early pricing discounts with 76 and that would be basically impossible with the current situation.

I am already planning for 2023 lol.... have most of the songs selected.... there will be no slow start on this one. I'm leading with Strength of 1000 Men by Two Steps from Hell.... starting at the the 0.47 mark.... every beat and then some for the first 30 seconds. It will be fast and furious :cool:

Rick_In_Tampa
01-08-2022, 04:45 AM

Yeah... It's going to be a strange year for sure. I still have 20 cases of Dominator products, including a ton of slices. SO76 had some flame pots, and I'm banking on a case of comets showing up in the next month or so from AWF. If the comets don't show up, I'll just have to add more slices I guess. Not much else I can do. The 20 cases was supposed to be for my first NYE show, but when I started hearing about all the issues with pyro in general, I decided to hold off and save everything for the 4th, just in case. Looks like I made the right call. My July 4th stuff shipped on Dec 30th (I bought it in Oct). So I'm as prepared as I can get for this year.

Enjoy your year off!! You certainly deserve it.

SystemXpert
01-13-2022, 09:15 PM

Hi Dave,

Just posting this for everyone. I did hear back from SO76 today.

"No unfortunately we will not be getting UN0431 product in on the 18th. This product type is something we are working on getting back in stock, there was a change on the customs requirements in China that needs to be worked out before we'll have that on hand again. "

So, if anyone was counting on getting AOP stuff in when they publish their updated inventory on Jan 18th, think again.

Anyway, I am a believer in the show must go on, so I am going to work with what I have in stock and what I was able to secure in orders so far.