PDA

View Full Version : Proposed changes to the ATF Employee Posessor Questionnaire

Arclight
12-18-2021, 10:00 PM
It looks like ATF wants to get more information on the form, including license numbers for previous employers. Apparently, their system can't easily figure out if they have previously cleared you. Also, they want to make you sign a medical records release. Ostensibly, this is to help them find out if you have been committed or institutionalized. But it also seems like it could open the door to other things as it's completely open-ended.

Are any of the other trade groups submitting comments on the proposed change? The ISEE sent out a memo about this today.

leftiluci
12-19-2021, 10:26 AM
Great adverb, I bet you rule scrabble semicratiicaly., Isn't everyone on here committed?

Arclight
12-19-2021, 02:16 PM
I have to wonder if the medical release is also fishing expedition to find people who have used pain pills, antidepressants or other "undesirable" substances.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-22-2021, 06:42 AM
I have to wonder if the medical release is also fishing expedition to find people who have used pain pills, antidepressants or other "undesirable" substances.

As someone with more titanium in him than the Tin Man; and someone that relies on "undesirable substances" to get me through the day without putting a bullet in my brain; I'd like for the government in general to take the presumptive position that we citizens are not guilty until proven otherwise.

I totally get that there's always going to be some moron that gets drunk or high or both and thinks it would be cool to shoot a 3" shell out of a tube balanced on his forehead. The way I look at it, these people weed themselves out of the gene pool all on their own. So unless/until I do something overtly ignorant with pyro; assuming it doesn't take me out in the process; I'd prefer the government concentrate on other things. Like shoring up the economy and resolving the shipping backlog. Go fishing in THAT pond and leave me the hell alone.

joewad
12-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Yeah, what he said