PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Fireworks

Salutecake
12-18-2021, 01:26 PM
So for the most part I have told to stay away from fireworks made in Mexico. I have also been told that there are better fireworks made in Mexico but that you just have to find the right brand and pay a bit more.

Any comments? Experience? Suggestions?

displayfireworks1
12-18-2021, 06:34 PM
Where are you even finding fireworks made in Mexico?

wingman
12-18-2021, 08:01 PM
Probably in Mexico with intention of shooting in Mexico?

Arclight
12-18-2021, 09:57 PM
I have bought Mexican fireworks in Mexico. They appeared to be made locally -3" firecrackers rolled from newsprint and painted, with clay end plugs and bottle rockets with long sticks and a big report. They had a very particular smell - I think it must have been from the clay.

wingman
12-19-2021, 01:26 AM
I have bought Mexican fireworks in Mexico. They appeared to be made locally -3" firecrackers rolled from newsprint and painted, with clay end plugs and bottle rockets with long sticks and a big report. They had a very particular smell - I think it must have been from the clay.

Mexican pyro is known to have chlorates in the flash comps and other effects (something to be aware of at any rate), which could account for the particular smell.

leftiluci
12-19-2021, 10:44 AM
Since when do chlorates smell? More like panocha apesstosa

wingman
12-19-2021, 12:12 PM
Since when do chlorates smell? More like panocha apesstosa

Really? Do we need gross comments like this as a reply?

Yes, chlorate based comps do smell, especially when burning.

displayfireworks1
12-19-2021, 12:24 PM
LOL lets just end it here. If anyone is curious about fireworks from Mexico , look back over some of my older videos. Kellners Fireworks was importing display products from Mexico years back. I have videos of them. I didn't see any complex effects in the shells. As far as Mexican firecrackers, you don't need to travel to Mexico to get or make a firecracker.