PDA

View Full Version : Small filming job

Arclight
12-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Check out this car explosion effect I did for a filming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvkF_ZgHCY

My part is about 3:30 in. 4 gallons of fuel and 125' of detcord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvkF_ZgHCY

displayfireworks1
12-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Good one, thanks for sharing on the forums. Although I would have added a few three inch salutes. LOL

Arclight
12-09-2021, 10:45 PM
Good one, thanks for sharing on the forums. Although I would have added a few three inch salutes. LOL

I can buy and shoot dynamite,and my insurance covers pyro but I can't even take the test to get a display fireworks license currently. I signed up for the WPA and I'm thinking about going to Winter Blast. Hopefully that will get the process started.

Okimarine
12-10-2021, 08:18 AM
I can't even take the test to get a display fireworks license currently.

Just curious if this is because of a state law requiring training or experience with display fireworks? Very cool explosion btw and the shirt is very appropriate, lol.

Arclight
12-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Just curious if this is because of a state law requiring training or experience with display fireworks? Very cool explosion btw and the shirt is very appropriate, lol.

Yes. It's something like "Applicants must be on eight post-display reports with five different licensed operators within two consecutive years" The five signatures thing is the tricky part.

Okimarine
12-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Yes. It's something like "Applicants must be on eight post-display reports with five different licensed operators within two consecutive years" The five signatures thing is the tricky part.

Wow, probably easy to meet requirements if this was a profession but really make it difficult for a fireworks enthusiast.

displayfireworks1
12-11-2021, 07:30 PM
I have to add I am happy to have an explosive blaster on the forums. I am even happier he is explosive blaster the State of California. Remember he is business and has to follow all of the rules of being in commerce, no matter what that the situation. . Now add , the rules of commerce in the State of California. For those of us not in commerce, you can't imagine how difficult it must be for this pyrotalk business forums member in California. Plus, add the established pyro companies in California that want to stop any and all legal and illegal competition in that state.