PDA

View Full Version : How Many Years Shooting

FinnAmerican
12-01-2021, 09:02 PM
How many years have YOU been involved with Pyrotechnics...?

I got bit by the pyro bug a short while ago in 2019. At age 40. God-willing many more years to enjoy.

BMoore
12-02-2021, 10:47 AM
I recall seeing my first fireworks 41 years ago at age 4. Then apparently for the next year all I talked about is "When is 4th of July coming again?" At age 5 my mother allowed me to buy a little assortment of fountains & snakes provided I would go into the store (a toy store) and buy it myself. Yeah, just imagine that today. A 5 year old going into a toy store alone to buy explosives! lol. I know my dad and uncle did the lighting in the early years but I distinctly recall even at that age arranging each item for my "show." It just kept growing from there.

RalphieJ
12-02-2021, 12:16 PM
7 decades........jeez........how did I get so old so fast?

Birdman
12-02-2021, 05:06 PM
Fireworks were a big part of my childhood summers but by the mid 80's they were hard to come by. I was only able to get my hands on some very occasionally until PA legalized sales to non-residents. It wasn't until PA legalized sales of all fireworks to residents in 2017 that fireworks started to become a hobby.

snickels
12-07-2021, 03:59 PM
I have always loved fireworks since I was a little girl. My family did huge parties every year. Almost 10 years ago I got involved with a couple Pyro Clubs. Then 3 years ago I accepted a job full time in the industry. So 3+ decades. lol!

Rick_In_Tampa
12-22-2021, 06:51 AM
Watched my father shoot fireworks when I was very young. I remember buying M-80's when I was 14-ish and terrorizing my neighbor with them (and bottle rockets!).

Sooooo.... 45+ years or so for me.