PDA

View Full Version : Double voice crackers

TreeMaster38
11-22-2021, 06:46 PM
Hi my name is walker and I wanted to get some help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to make #1 lb. Double voice crackers and I'm having trouble with my plug coming out with the first charge going of resulting in not igniting the secondary paylode. I'm using just cheep kitty litter Bentonite clay and hand ramming with a mallet. Any advice to keep the plug in during the lift process? Any help would be mutch appreciated! And pyro on!

displayfireworks1
11-22-2021, 09:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out why you didn't capitalize the first letter of your name Walker. You going to have to post some pictures of what you are trying to do so we don't have to worry about what you are up to..

FinnAmerican
11-22-2021, 09:57 PM
Walker, I understand that your from Colorado, from first your post.
A quick search on Colorado Fireworks law shows, that your state has certain restrictions on what is allowed. Firecrackers are banned from use. Just don't want anyone on the Forum to get into any trouble or harm themselves from a lack of knowledge.

Okimarine
11-23-2021, 12:42 AM
So the lift charge is going off but not igniting the fuse for the main charge? I would say dampen some bp with alcohol (make a paste or slurry) and brush it onto the delay fuse. Or cross match with blackmatch to make sure the lift charge ignites it. As for the clay plug coming loose, I would say your not packing it tight enough. Pack it alittle at a time until the tube buldges out some. You can use a blender or coffee grinder to make a powder from the litter, it may pack tighter than using the granules. What are you sealing the top and bottom with?

As already said, make sure your abiding by your state laws to avoid charges of bomb building or worse. If you make anything that exceeds the ATF's definition of consumer fireworks, you could face Federal charges as well if you don't have a license for it. That includes, building, storing, and use of.

With that being said, be safe building and using

displayfireworks1
11-23-2021, 09:29 AM
Walker, I understand that your from Colorado, from first your post.
A quick search on Colorado Fireworks law shows, that your state has certain restrictions on what is allowed. Firecrackers are banned from use. Just don't want anyone on the Forum to get into any trouble or harm themselves from a lack of knowledge.

I don't care if he breaks the firecrackers laws. I'm worried if he breaks his body. I try to look for cues to assess a maturity level in a firecracker post. Pictures of the project will tell us more. Lets face it, firecrackers are probably one of the easiest things out there to make. If you have trouble making a firecracker I'm not sure where you go from there. At the moment I forget what these Double Voice crackers do. Is it two pops one after the other and that is it?

Okimarine
11-23-2021, 05:59 PM
I don't care if he breaks the firecrackers laws. I'm worried if he breaks his body. I try to look for cues to assess a maturity level in a firecracker post. Pictures of the project will tell us more. Lets face it, firecrackers are probably one of the easiest things out there to make. If you have trouble making a firecracker I'm not sure where you go from there. At the moment I forget what these Double Voice crackers do. Is it two pops one after the other and that is it?

Yes, there are two pops. The first is the lift charge, second is main charge. Is like a canister shell with no effects / stars ect in it. Pretty easy to make and typically just has black powder in it.

You could easily use stars for a homemade canister shell or flash for a salute in the main charge. There are paper tubes on etsy I think that are for crafts but are rock hard and and perfect for these.