PDA

View Full Version : Aerial fireworks indoors

fountman
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Don't use cakes indoors. Duh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvbLMdl4zI&feature=youtu.be

indianahx
02-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Not sure what the point of the video and comparisons was, but neat to watch anyway. Don't know that ill ever have a 500g cake light spontaneously in my basement while sitting in the shopping cart I stole from a locale retailer....

Jdrobinson13
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
The video description just says "A comparison between "safe and sane" and aerial fireworks when deployed indoors." The video was made by Salt Lake City Fire Department, so I'm assuming it was some sort of firework safety and awareness video or something along those lines. They seem to be doing the video in a controlled environment and I agree it was pretty sweet to watch.

SITHADMIRAL
02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Only the fire department can do stupid things with fireworks and get away with it. Still fun to watch.

displayfireworks1
02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
That is cool video; all they need with that shopping cart in the basement is a Rave party and some Ecstasy. You can get at least $20.00 cover charge at the door for that. The will need the money because they for sure lost the security deposit on that tent. LOL

beakman706
02-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I take offense that firefighters do stupid things things and can get away with it. Being a Captain on the fire dept we EDUCATE people so THEY dont do stupid things, because were are the ones that have to clean up what stupid people do.

displayfireworks1
02-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I must say that firefighter comment was a little offensive, but I would not take it out of context. Anyone that has ever done professional fireworks displays knows the firefighters will be the first ones to help you if you get in a jam. Whenever I am doing a display and see the fire trucks pull in, it always makes me feel protected so to speak. I know many times when I get a fireworks permit it is contingent upon having the fire department present. I invite the local fire department to every private display I do. They often provide security and crowd control. In addition, they do it free of charge.
Anti-fireworks people will sometimes enlist the fire departments to make their argument more valid. It is unfortunate but some densely populated areas like New York City fireworks cause many fires. This requires some public education. From our perspective, the education can be entertaining but not surprisingly many consumers are going to make mistakes with purchases and use of fireworks.

beakman706
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks Dave. I appreciate your support for what we do!!!

J's12talk
02-12-2012, 11:21 PM
As long as they were not using the video for anti fireworks propaganda I'm ok with them seeing how things unfold when things go wrong. They need to know what happens with pyro to know how to react. The first thing we tell the firemen when briefing them is not to come charging in when things go wrong, we'll let them know when its safe for them to move in. This helps limit the chance for additional injurys, they can't help if their injuried or on fire to.

Pyro Nation
02-13-2012, 12:47 AM
As long as they were not using the video for anti fireworks propaganda I'm ok with them seeing how things unfold when things go wrong. They need to know what happens with pyro to know how to react. The first thing we tell the firemen when briefing them is not to come charging in when things go wrong, we'll let them know when its safe for them to move in. This helps limit the chance for additional injurys, they can't help if their injuried or on fire to.

that is a prime example of how a firefighter by us got hurt. He did not listen to the lead and just went in and started doing his thing. Cake blew apart and thankfully he has that fire suit on or could of been a whole lot worse

Pyro@Mach13
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
As long as they were not using the video for anti fireworks propaganda I'm ok with them seeing how things unfold when things go wrong.

Exactly, I find it very disheartening that our NY governor vetoed the safe and sane bill that passed overwhelmingly in the House and Senate based on shaky at best (but false data) provided to him by one of the NY fire associations last year. Why do firemen need these state wide agencies anyway? Seems to me they are created to provide jobs for people only. But what do I know, all I know is that I am upset with them for siding with the anti's! We need a permit based system in NY for 1.4g.

flynlr
02-14-2012, 04:24 AM
well the video was probably made to help in setting the rules on how the Aerial Fireworks could be sold indoors. being the first year for aerial fireworks, Utah had the aerials separate from the SNS stuff,
and could only be purchased from behind a counter or with help from a salesperson. they are adjusting the law again this year to make it a bit easier on the retailers

Palermitano2
02-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I just dont like the fact that the Feds say its ok....but the locals say no.