PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Location

FinnAmerican
11-11-2021, 02:54 AM
Where do you shoot...?

A Neighborhood (driveway/backyard) or a rural area

Okimarine
11-11-2021, 11:03 AM
I shoot in rural areas. Our church has a 10 acre camp ground that hosts a youth camp every year the first week of July. I've been working the youth camp since 2017 and have donated time and fireworks each year. Every year the fireworks show has grown and this year added 1.3 to the show. Its not a scripted show or pyro musical, just manually fired with a cheap chinese system but still enjoyable. I also shoot a family show each year on 84 acres. Its so far out that the fire dept doesn't bother coming out as its not during fire season. I have a big piece of property as well but only shoot 1.4 on rare occasions as a neighbor has horses. They are not within view and he could put them in the barn if I decided to shoot larger items but I really have no reason to do so.

Rick_In_Tampa
11-18-2021, 06:21 AM
Our HOA has a 300' x 600' retention pond 5 houses down from where I live. That's where I shoot.

FinnAmerican
11-19-2021, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, I shoot from a residential neighborhood, so the types of Fireworks I have limited myself. I've chosen not to use any Shells, Cakes, Sky Rockets, Roman Candles and Aerial Spinners.

I stick to mainy Small stuff like Fountains, Bottle Rockets, Crackers, and other types.
Just want to keep it safe in my neighborhood. While other neighbors will shoot the heavy artillery...A bit too close for Shells and Cakes in my opinion. There's no law governing here in Michigan, the distance one can shoot away from a dwelling.
I didn't shoot last 4th of July, because a neighbor was shooting off Shells not stop during the night. It was really annoying.

Now I know how my neighbors ( including Vets & pets) feel about the big stuff shot in a neighborhood. I feel for them. But, I will still shoot the less annoying smaller stuff.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Shells, Cakes
and Candles, but I don't think their okay in a residential location. Too close. Wished I had access to a rural location to shoot the bigger stuff. But, I'm content with shooting the small stuff, where I'm at. It's still Fun...

Okimarine
11-19-2021, 03:08 PM
But, I'm content with shooting the small stuff, where I'm at. It's still Fun...

I agree that the small stuff is fun too. My wife loves the lady bugs, I purchase a couple cases every year and we light them off all the time. I spend quite a bit on much bigger fireworks each year and will gladly buy her the ladybugs to keep her happy.