PDA

View Full Version : Good Quality Rockets & Candles

FinnAmerican
10-06-2021, 09:42 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about these "16 Ounce Rockets" (Dominator Brand) and "Son of a Gun" candles (Pyro Demon Brand).

The burst from the rockets are like equivalent to a small shell and equally loud. A very powerful lift charge. Very impressive for a consumer product.

These candles are the best I've seen in years. Each candle contains a different effect. The ones with a report are very loud. Also a very powerful lift charge, definitely not an average weak little candle.

Who says fireworks have gotten weaker...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6044&stc=1

flashfuse
10-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Those 16oz Rockets are last years run, they are as good as they come . This Years have a orange fuse protector and and very watered down and unfortunately not even close to the ones pictured !

jamisonlm3
10-08-2021, 11:34 AM
I hate those orange fuse covers. I had some rockets that I almost needed pliers to get them out. I'm glad I still have a good bit of the good ones left. I guess that how it always is with firewroks. When it's new, it's really good. A year or two later and it just isn't the same.

displayfireworks1
10-08-2021, 08:37 PM
I am a couple of days late to this post and very busy. Thank you for posting this rocket "Cap" issue. I recently heard a complaint from a Consumer Fireworks retail location that customers that purchase fireworks rockets that have the fuse covered with a plastic cap call the store because they can not figure out how to light the rocket.
The problem with all of these Consumer Fireworks products in United States is, the focus is more about the written legal instructions and warnings about the class of product rather than any educational instructions on how to properly prepare and use the product.
In my remote memory , I remember a country that regulated all Consumer Fireworks cakes had to have the fuse placed on top of the mortars. Unfortunately, I forget which country it was. LOL I thought it was the greatest idea because it would consistently embed in everyone's memory over the years, where the fuse is supposed to be on all products sold in that country. I'm thinking it was the Netherlands but I am not certain. You will be surprised how many people setup and light fireworks cakes incorrectly. I remember thinking they would need some form of quick match to accomplish this. One of my YouTube subscribers sent me dissected pictures and it started out as Visco and between the mortars was quick match and then into the first mortar. Don't assume because we as advanced users of pyrotechnics know how to peck and search how to use a fireworks product , that the same rule applies to novice once a year users.

Birdman
10-09-2021, 11:35 AM
The first time I saw rockets with those caps I though they were those fountains that look like rockets. It wasn't until my buddy gave me a couple that I realized the cap covered the fuse and wasn't just decoration.

Icooclast
10-09-2021, 02:38 PM
the first time i saw them on rockets, i was puzzled for a sec, and then common sense prevailed an i realized the cap just pulls off. i think it's a good idea.