PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Tampa, Florida!

Joey
09-28-2021, 11:50 PM
Hey all! I'd liked to say hello to everyone that reads this! I'm a "retired" career firefighter/paramedic from the Tampa Bay area. I've always been inspired by professional firework displays and I try my best to put on a mini show for my family & neighbors. I'd love to take the next step in education and materials and apply for my 54 license. If there's anyone close by in the Tampa area that wants to meet up and mentor me, I'm good company! :D Stay safe everyone and see you on the boards!

Rick_In_Tampa
09-29-2021, 03:53 AM
Hi there Joey! Welcome to the forum. I am also in the Tampa area (Valrico) and I do a show every year for my family. I don't have a 54 or a place to use it, so I probably wouldn't make a good mentor for you. But I have been called a bad influence a few times! So if that's useful, let me know.

There are lots of very smart people in here. So jump right in. Ask lots of questions, and enjoy the ride!

joewad
09-29-2021, 10:14 AM
Joey, don't let Rick understate himself to ya. Take a look at his videos then hit him up, you won't be sorry.

Firelinx
10-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Hi, Joey!

Welcome to PyroTalk! We are not local to Tampa, but we're not far away in the Orlando area :)

Joey
10-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Awesome! I'll have to check out what you firing systems are like! Still trying to find something local for a contingency storage before I pursue applying for my 54 license.

joewad
10-07-2021, 09:20 PM
Awesome! I'll have to check out what you firing systems are like! Still trying to find something local for a contingency storage before I pursue applying for my 54 license.

Very smart decision

Firelinx
10-11-2021, 03:46 PM
Hi, Joey! Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We also loan out demo modules for users to try. Visit our website and reach out via our contact form for more information, we're happy to answer you questions.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-11-2021, 05:32 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Joey. You will find a wealth of resources here. And, yes, don't under-estimate Rick--he's toooo humble!

Joey
10-13-2021, 08:29 AM
Hey guys! I wanted to order that book that has a list of all distributors nationwide. I can’t remember what it’s called and I can’t find the video that Dave showed it in. Anyone can help? Thanks!

displayfireworks1
10-13-2021, 07:52 PM
Hey guys! I wanted to order that book that has a list of all distributors nationwide. I can?t remember what it?s called and I can?t find the video that Dave showed it in. Anyone can help? Thanks!

I made that video in 2010. I still have the video , it is unlisted. At the time the deal was he gave me the books for free to help promote them. I always thought they were great resource. I still reference them. I believe it was the one prior to the 2010 edition I enjoyed most because it listed the physical address of all of the fireworks magazines , I assume to help delivery drivers find the locations. The owner of the company Jack complimented me and my videos. He said something along the lines of I did what he tried to do for years but couldn't bring it to the next level. It meant a lot to me because I watched some of his productions VHS tapes. Here is the link to the few left of the 2020 Edition
http://www.fireworksnews.com/Item/M41

Joey
10-14-2021, 02:00 PM
Thanks Dave!

pyromagic
02-16-2022, 10:36 PM
Joey, My company Pyro Productions does shows in the Tampa and the surrounding area if you are looking for experience. You may also want to join FPAG.