PDA

View Full Version : LAPD Final Report on blowing up their truck

Arclight
09-26-2021, 03:54 PM
Here it is - See attached.6003

displayfireworks1
09-26-2021, 05:58 PM
Great find, thank you for posting. I need to find time to read the entire report. I see some redaction on it. I skipped ahead to the conclusion. It sounds like they exceed the explosive weight the containment device was design to hold in a single event.

Arclight
09-26-2021, 07:48 PM
The redactions seem to mostly be names of specific people The conclusion is definitely that they basically stuffed everything in there, along with 6.5lbs of high-explosives, fired it and it all went high order. Nobody used a scale on the product they were trying to dispose of and the people doing it weren't even clear on how much product the device could handle.

RalphieJ
09-26-2021, 08:43 PM
"BT stated "he overestimated there was 0.5 ounces in the M-80s for safe math...........". "Safe math"......LOL Same math that's used for drug seizures? LOL

displayfireworks1
09-29-2021, 07:43 PM
I have to admit I really thought they were going to try to blame the manufacturer of that truck and explosive containment device. I am surprised to read they directly placed blame on the incompetence of the fire department personnel. It is so typical. These "Authorities" are so good at quoting and enforcing regulations. When it comes to real life situations, they know very little. Particularly when it comes to explosive material. That disaster in Hawaii years back comes to memory when they tried to destroy confiscated fireworks. This just adds one more to the list. On a side note , that truck and containment device looked like a portable pork barbecue. LOL
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48038408711_744123a86b_b.jpg