PDA

View Full Version : Winda Pro Line aka Wizard Fireworks

Devo
09-14-2021, 02:22 PM
Does anyone have more info on this? There was a teaser vid on YouTube that came out yesterday (9/13) regarding Wizard 1.4G Pro. I'm looking forward to these as the shops I hit tend to carry a lot of Winda products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGhKs2KW9k&ab_channel=WindaFireworksUSA

Rick_In_Tampa
09-14-2021, 11:38 PM
Wow!! Those are awesome effects. Love the bright colors. I'm going to look for some of those myself now!

Thanks for posting that video.

Greenville Pyro
09-15-2021, 08:20 AM
Absolutely amazing effects. Very excited to see this line out and carried. Now, can it get shipped out of China is my question...

cduesman
09-15-2021, 08:56 AM
If you notice the title says "APA87-1C". This is the first product I've seen mention the new APA standards. They have been working on those updates for years. https://www.americanpyro.com/apa-standard-87-1 has some info on them.

They up the composition weight / construction rules in many categories above what normal consumer 1.4g allows.

Mines: 150 grams
Cakes: 1000 grams (although I'm not sure the individual tube limit changed much, but you can have more of them)
Shells seem unchanged at 60 gram.

I just hope the improvements to come with additional burdens in obtaining/using/storing it.

Chris

Devo
09-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Looks like Winda has a full channel set up for Wizard that goes back 4 years. It appears that they carried 1.3 stock, at least at one time. There are a lot of newer updates with what appears to be the AP stock.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTEdIJLYEK_b5yMc6hMcZnA/featured

Edit: Take my money now!!!

displayfireworks1
09-15-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm at the NFA Convention. In addition to promoting my displayfireworks1 products I'm getting some scoop on this. I have been approached about my AP education program. Whatever is decided some decisions need made about who is going to be eligible to purchase. That same old ambiguous BS is going to have to change.

joewad
09-16-2021, 10:26 AM
Looking forward to Wizard's 1.4 Pro line. I've always been satisfied with their 1.3 items.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-17-2021, 11:30 PM
Talked to my rep at SO76 and he told me this is actually a 1.3G line. So us backyard weenies won't be able to buy it.

topshelfpyro
09-18-2021, 12:11 AM
Talked to my rep at SO76 and he told me this is actually a 1.3G line. So us backyard weenies won't be able to buy it.

SO76 doesn't stock wizard products and wizard clearly is promoting 1.4G pro in the video... take a look at the new APA87-1C rules, 1000 gram cakes could be a thing, 140 gram mines, etc

https://www.americanpyro.com/assets/docs/APAStd871/APA%2087-1C%20Final%20Entertaintment%20Industry%20and%20Tec hnical%20Pyrotechnics%20Standard.pdf

Rick_In_Tampa
09-18-2021, 06:13 AM
I'll give you that the video does say 1.4G, but that's not what the SO76 guys are telling me. Thanks for the reference. You said this is the new APA87-1C, but it's dated 2018. Is there a newer/updated section inside, or some way to identify the new info? My apologies in advance. I'm not trying to be a "Richard Cranium" here. I'm just not familiar with this document at all.

topshelfpyro
09-18-2021, 02:21 PM
Wizard also has a 1.3g video that's new, maybe that's what SO76 is thinking of. No offense but 76 wants to keep you buying from them and their branded proline stuff. Don't get me wrong I've spent a fair amount with 76 as well since they carry alot but there pricing structure has made me go elsewhere especially for less cost same product items. I've never seen so many different price levels from 1 place even on the dealer side. (no not a dealer but I have a friend that is)

I'm no expert but I believe that APA code is what has recently been adopted/cleared/whatever the terminology is to "govern" our pyro in some way, I had a couple of dealers telling me this stuff at PGI this year but I just thought they were trying to sell me something. If you read thru some of the document it has specifics for each item type.....6 gram airbursts being spelled out are interesting as well......

Devo
09-18-2021, 06:58 PM
It seems that Winda is marketing a 1.4G Pro Line as well as an updated 1.3G line via their Wizard brand. This video was added a few days ago for their 1.3G line.

Edit: Looks like Dave is being put up on their YT channel now too, they need to link back to your channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAgEyPpP0k&ab_channel=WindaFireworksUSA

Rick_In_Tampa
09-18-2021, 11:34 PM
Wow. They have some really nice effects. Love the bright colors. Many of their 1.3 products look like they should be 1.4 though. Especially their slices. That's rather odd to me that they're saying they're 1.3.

Scotty Rockets
09-21-2021, 04:27 AM
You can never trust a video, especially any coming from China. That said Wizard (Panda) makes very good quality 1.3. As far as 76 I have experienced a few times from the sales team to be flat out wrong. There are only 2 guys at 76 that I trust for information, leaving their names out of this for obvious reasons.

joewad
09-22-2021, 11:02 PM
Looking forward to see some of the new Wizard product at Casabella next year