PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a ground effect

camslam
08-16-2021, 12:57 PM
Hello fellow Pyros,

I was wondering if or hoping some of you could steer me in the right direction on a ground effect.

I have seen different pyromusicals that have either a flame, strobe, or ground effect in red, white, and blue for the beginning of a patriotic song playing. I have looked, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

This is an example - https://www.76fireworks.com/product/SE122-Red-Strobes-60sec

My issue is I don't have any PGI certification or ATF license and Spirit of 76 mainly has 1.3 or professional options or just the red strobe the link shows.

So do any of you know of a good option that has the following specs?

1. Vibrant Red, White, AND Blue color to emphasize the patriotic angle.
2. Consumer grade 1.4 vs professional line or certification type 1.3 to allow for regular purchase without jumping through too many hoops.
3. Time duration doesn't matter, but prefer a max of 30 seconds.
4. Either a solid lit up flame, smoke, with or without strobe.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide!

Birdman
08-16-2021, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure exactly what effects each is using but you may want to try American Wholesale Fireworks (AWF). They have several different (Flame/Fountain/Strobe) options (mostly Dominator brand) but they are AoP so you will need a certification to buy them. The good new is if you have a qualified firing system (Cobra, FireLinx, FireTEK) you can purchase Dave's Training/Certification. AWF will accept Dave's certification.

https://www.pyrotalk.com/ap-certificate.php

Backyardboom
08-16-2021, 02:33 PM
There are regular consumer strobes and flame pots with visco versions.

Arles
08-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Hello fellow Pyros,

I was wondering if or hoping some of you could steer me in the right direction on a ground effect.

I have seen different pyromusicals that have either a flame, strobe, or ground effect in red, white, and blue for the beginning of a patriotic song playing. I have looked, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

This is an example - https://www.76fireworks.com/product/SE122-Red-Strobes-60sec

My issue is I don't have any PGI certification or ATF license and Spirit of 76 mainly has 1.3 or professional options or just the red strobe the link shows.

So do any of you know of a good option that has the following specs?

1. Vibrant Red, White, AND Blue color to emphasize the patriotic angle.
2. Consumer grade 1.4 vs professional line or certification type 1.3 to allow for regular purchase without jumping through too many hoops.
3. Time duration doesn't matter, but prefer a max of 30 seconds.
4. Either a solid lit up flame, smoke, with or without strobe.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide!

Edit: What Birdman said... I forgot you may not have a firing system.

You can take Dave's 1.4 Pro course here.... https://www.pyrotalk.com/ap-certificate.php which is accepted by a number of wholesalers including American Wholesale Fireworks.

1.4 Pro opens up a whole new world of fun stuff.

mguerra
08-17-2021, 12:53 PM
You don't need any special licensing to get 1.4 pro product. You need a firing system that can fire off an ematch (ATF license needed) or a Firewire initiator (any consumer can buy it without a license). Some wholesalers will ask you if you have experience or know how to do it. Just call Spirit of 76 on the phone and ask them what they want from you to buy 1.4 pro. Some of their stuff has both a fuse and a port so it can be fired either way, and the ports are kind of "hidden". This stuff is NOT 1.3, you don't need an ATF 54 or a PGI certification. Call Spirit and speak to them.

camslam
08-17-2021, 05:15 PM
Geez, this is why I love pyros, always getting new information from them!

I didn't realize an online class was even available or an option. I thought I had to have PGI training or something equivalent and sounds like I still do for certain companies, but for what I am looking for this would most likely do the trick.

I have a cobra system with multiple 18m modules, 18R2 remote, audiobox, etc... Have ordered and used MJG igniters, as well as Talons for several personal pyromusicals.

I'll definitely look at getting Dave's course and go from there. THANKS A TON for the heads up and replies, greatly appreciated!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-18-2021, 12:09 AM
Spirit of 76 also sells 140 shot roman candles in red, white and blue. I set them up to create a wall effect of red, white and blue. They have visco so you need a talon. They are part of the "Pro" line, but they have visco so I imagine they will sell them to you without any special training certificates.

Here's a link to the assortment. You can also buy them in individual colors if you need more then 4 candles in any one color.

https://www.76fireworks.com/product/RC400-140s-Candle-Barrage-RWB-Asst-30sec

camslam
08-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Thanks Rick!

I have several cases of the RWB Barrage candles. Have set them up with 3 in a batch in a small fan pattern, red, white, and then blue spaced out, they fill the sky and look awesome. Those are already planned for a different part of the show, the ground effect was for the more quiet intro for the star spangled banner.

FYI - Regarding aerial red white and blue stuff from Spirit of 76 in case any one is looking:

-Spirit of 76 RWB bouquets are great. Good color and tight pattern.

-The 12s RWB Peony have great color and size and if you shoot 3 or more at a time literally fill the sky.

-The 27s RWB fan cake is fine, but definitely not as full on color and mine got drowned out by other stuff paired with it. I might try shooting two per position to double up the color next time.

-The 49s RWB Go Getters are solid, great effect and have worked well paired with a few other cakes at times.

-The 12s Red and Blue Dahlia are both good. The blue like a lot of blues isn't as vibrant, but the red dahlia's are huge with solid red color.

God Bless the USA! :D

WithReport
08-23-2021, 10:06 AM
Spirit of 76 also sells 140 shot roman candles in red, white and blue. I set them up to create a wall effect of red, white and blue. They have visco so you need a talon. They are part of the "Pro" line, but they have visco so I imagine they will sell them to you without any special training certificates.

Here's a link to the assortment. You can also buy them in individual colors if you need more then 4 candles in any one color.

https://www.76fireworks.com/product/RC400-140s-Candle-Barrage-RWB-Asst-30sec

I have purchased these twice from So76. The first year it happened to be a case full of just red and white candle barrages - no blue :(. Based on my experience, I'm sure So76 would have tried to make it right or provide credit for a following year, if I had pointed it out to them, but I bought another case this year.

I would recommend doubling them up and putting them as close to the audience as safely possible. For reference, this link goes right to this 4th opener where a red one is angled slightly to the left and a blue is angled slightly to the right. (The middle white one had an igniter pulled away from the fuse and id didn't go off) https://youtu.be/C0l6agCOcXQ?t=222 Also note that blue is a difficult color so it pales in brightness next to the red and would have probably washed out more with the white going, too.

Here is another RWB barrage setup that someone else did that was pretty cool: https://youtu.be/9eaSGyFIxs4?t=494

Also if you do a search for Red White and Blue Roman Candle Barrage, you will find other options out there from others, too.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-24-2021, 11:23 PM
I pulled the trigger on my 2022 fireworks order yesterday. Didn't add any candle barrages. I still have a ton of them in my garage. I used a few in my show this year just to get the show kicked off slowly. The kids liked them more than the adults. I used the blue candles and you're right.... They were very pale blue at best. If I had red and white in there they would have disappeared completely.

camslam
08-25-2021, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGPMv_VSHPU

Hopefully this link will work, this is 3 candles each of red, white, and the blue barrage candles from Spirit of 76. Blues always struggle to be vibrant, and I probably should have doubled them up and done 6 of those to the 3 red and white, but still had the desired effect.

esgrillo
08-25-2021, 05:00 PM
I pulled the trigger on my 2022 fireworks order yesterday. Didn't add any candle barrages. I still have a ton of them in my garage. I used a few in my show this year just to get the show kicked off slowly. The kids liked them more than the adults. I used the blue candles and you're right.... They were very pale blue at best. If I had red and white in there they would have disappeared completely.

no way lol.... you have it scripted already??!?!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-26-2021, 12:35 AM
no way lol.... you have it scripted already??!?!

Lol.. Way!! I was able to put together a shopping cart that had enough "stuff" in it to do my show, and remain under budget. I didn't want to wait around and risk having the items being sold out from under me, so I pulled the trigger and placed the order.

No scripting yet. Haven't even picked out the songs. I know I'm going to be reverse engineering this thing, but.... It is what it is. As least I have my pyro!!

esgrillo
08-27-2021, 10:37 AM
Lol.. Way!! I was able to put together a shopping cart that had enough "stuff" in it to do my show, and remain under budget. I didn't want to wait around and risk having the items being sold out from under me, so I pulled the trigger and placed the order.

No scripting yet. Haven't even picked out the songs. I know I'm going to be reverse engineering this thing, but.... It is what it is. As least I have my pyro!!

lol gotcha.... I have to script before I buy...