PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Pyrotalk website issues.

displayfireworks1
08-15-2021, 05:57 PM
Parts of pyrotalk including the forums were down for a few days. This all started with adding a SSL certificate and the server to make the website more secure. The forums were non-functional. I am pleased to see the forums have returned. In the event it goes out again please know I will work to restore it. For those of you on Facebook , if part of the site goes down again. I will update on my Facebook. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is why I hate to make any major changes to this website.

mikepete777
08-15-2021, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Birdman
08-15-2021, 08:00 PM
I figured it was an ssl issue from the behavior and errors/warning. Happens all of the time in the tech world. Good to see we back in action!

joewad
08-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a good internet feature.

fatcat
08-20-2021, 08:45 PM
for us old guys who aren't computer smart glad this is back to what it was. LOL. thanks Dave for the update

displayfireworks1
08-20-2021, 09:11 PM
for us old guys who aren't computer smart glad this is back to what it was. LOL. thanks Dave for the update

Thanks for that feedback. Pyrotalk is a very complex and costly website. I have a webmaster on retainer to help with updates and additions. Plus service agreements with the forms software and a cloud plan with the server. Pyrotalk is around 10 plus years old. Pyrotalk is not a Joe the Plumber website with a picture of a wrench and phone number for $20.00 a month. Its more like add a zero to that number and a bandwidth meter. Now I see why larger companies have staff dedicated to internet , social media and website services and updates.