PDA

View Full Version : Tiny European Crackers

FinnAmerican
07-21-2021, 01:41 AM
~I found these little match crackers in my stash. They're probably equivalent to a U.S. 50 milligram firecracker. Neat box artwork. One has a double report. Some have a strike strip right on the box, like a matchbox.
I know these match crackers come in larger sizes up to several grams each. I don't know why the U.S. market doesn't sell small match crackers.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5914&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5915&stc=1

RalphieJ
07-21-2021, 07:27 AM
~I found these little match crackers in my stash. They're probably equivalent to a U.S. 50 milligram firecracker. Neat box artwork. One has a double report. Some have a strike strip right on the box, like a matchbox.
I know these match crackers come in larger sizes up to several grams each. I don't know why the U.S. market doesn't sell small match crackers.

These are so cool.

Considering the giant illegal ground salutes that were plentiful this year, it would be a joy to have these available to us here.

gweilo
07-21-2021, 09:34 AM
I know I've always found the small match crackers to be much safer to play with than occasionally fast-fused regular firecrackers. I guess match crackers are not legal because they're "hand held", and modern regular firecrackers are supposedly packaged so that they can't be hand held. Okay.
I've learned the larger match crackers are more difficult to light the larger they get though, and I don't play with them as often. I've given up on even trying to light a #12 on a kitchen matchbox strip and usually just tape a piece of visco to the match-head, so what's the point?

wingman
07-21-2021, 10:35 AM
I've found those strikers whether from the box containing the crackers or the striker from a box of kitchen matches has to be dry as a bone, as any significant amount of humidity (think the Midwest and southeast) makes it pretty difficult to achieve ignition. Your best bet I would think, would be to buy a few boxes of waterproof matches at an outdoor supply store or WalMart, and may have better luck with those strikers?