View Full Version : Hello from Houston!

MCave
07-17-2021, 01:12 PM
Well I shot my first show on Lake Livingston and to say the least its become an addiction. Used a FireFly this year but ALREADY looking to upgrade to Cobra, FireTek or FireLinx! Looking forward to learning much more from this forum.

displayfireworks1
07-17-2021, 01:49 PM
I am glad to hear you listed specifics on your location etc. There are pyrotalk forums members in your area. Prior to using a fireworks firing system , how were you shooting your fireworks, ex: hand light each one, long fuse ...? When you shot on that lake was it on shore or something floating? Did you take pictures and add to your post. How big was the display?

MCave
07-17-2021, 05:58 PM
Hello Dave.... I shot from a single 4'x8' platform that was elevated above the water (can get pretty big waves on this lake) using the FireFly system. Show had some hiccups as for everyone's first time but it did give me the bug to ALREADY step up to a more professional firing system. Trying to decide between Cobra, FireTek and FireLinx. I shot all consumer grade cakes and mortars. Also looking forward to getting the licences for Pro and 1.3G.

esgrillo
07-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.