PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Doodle - 2021 Opening Backyard Pyromusical

WithReport
07-14-2021, 09:10 AM
Here is the opening show for this past 4th of July - Yankee Doodle

I love this version of the song and think I'll use it again. I found it on YouTube and reached out to the artist - donated some money his way and he gave me the OK to use it as well as sent me a higher quality MP3 file. All contact information is in the YouTube description and there is an End Tile in the video to his video.

This was 48 cues fired from a single fireTEK FTQ 16x64. I had actually scripted this last year to fire with a FTH-48Fx module, but did not get a chance to shoot it last year :(.

It was kind of fun because I had the script and product from last year and just dusted it off and went with it. Luckly I had printed product labels last year and the labels were yellow which distinguished them form the white labels used for the main show. I didn't even go back and check anything - If I had more time, I probably would have. Also, if I had more time this year, I would have added some additional product with the extra 16 cues not used on the newer FTQ module. With the wetting down of the field prior to the start, It looks like there were two igniters pulled off some center candles :(, but overall it went well.

The soundtrack was played by the internal audio player of the FTM-99Sx Controller with an output to the mixer for the PA system

Rails were split to fire from 3 positions spaced about 30 ft apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0l6agCOcXQ

We had two separate shows with two separate networked systems this year. The main show had 14 modules. Although screen shows the loaded script, I still marked this single module show with tape to keep track of it.

We followed this with a second longer pyromusical that I'll post shortly. If you are interested, here is a 61 second timelapse of both shows - this was recorded by accident on a new camera but turned out pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORlr7mc7B8

Birdman
07-14-2021, 09:41 AM
That is a very good version of this song for pyro. You did a great job with it! Not sure if I could have waited so long to fire the show. I would have found a reason to shoot it sooner :)

WithReport
07-14-2021, 09:17 PM
That is a very good version of this song for pyro. You did a great job with it! Not sure if I could have waited so long to fire the show. I would have found a reason to shoot it sooner :)

The song is great! In hind sight I would like to do more with it. I'll probably give it a run again in the future. I was tempted to drag it out during the year, but figured it best to just save it for this year's 4th of July. I've had the printed labels pinned to my wall all year.

I set this show all up on 3 boards and 2 racks ahead of everything else (I forgot to take a picture). It was some what of a relief as everything else was a scramble to the last minute. I had this Yankee Doodle to fall back on. I kept telling my wife that it is OK if I don't get the main show together as we can just handlight a bunch of stuff and then top it off with Yankee Doodle. She was never real happy with that.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-15-2021, 05:11 AM
Awesome version of the song and I think it lends itself to pyro very nicely. I can see using it for my finale and slowly building up the effects into total sky-puke at the end.

I loved what you did with it. Very nicely choreographed! Well done.

WithReport
07-15-2021, 10:01 AM
...I can see using it for my finale and slowly building up the effects into total sky-puke at the end.

I was watching your very patriotic show yesterday and was thinking you would appreciate this rendition. I hope we see it in your shows one day. It is definitely on my re-use list. The artist is a very cool dude and has some other intriguing renditions of songs, too.

Mattp
07-15-2021, 08:40 PM
Great show!! That is a cool version Sounds like a Madison rising type version.. really cool you reached out to the owner too.. they should all be that cool to deal with.. like pay a fee to use music rights.. makes sense to me.. a lot of nice products you had.. into a great finale .. I too had most of my product from last year and never got to use them!! Sounds like you had a good size crowd who enjoyed it as week!!!

WithReport
07-15-2021, 09:10 PM
Great show!! That is a cool version Sounds like a Madison rising type version.. really cool you reached out to the owner too.. they should all be that cool to deal with.. like pay a fee to use music rights.. makes sense to me.. a lot of nice products you had.. into a great finale .. I too had most of my product from last year and never got to use them!! Sounds like you had a good size crowd who enjoyed it as week!!!

Thanks. The artist was very cool. Basically he said sure, just share my youtube, webpage, fb, etc. He was going to just send me the MP3, but I sent him some money anyway - seemed appropriate. He's got a cool SPB slide guitar rendition, too.