View Full Version : Fireworks all at once explode through neighborhood after fire on U-Haul truck

Engineer Cat
07-13-2021, 09:09 PM
Found this gem today.

Toledo, OH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqf-cEK7mRo

Rick_In_Tampa
07-14-2021, 12:17 AM
I will never understand how fire just magically breaks out on trucks filled with fireworks. Seems like an awful coincidence.

Engineer Cat
07-14-2021, 12:32 AM
I can't figure stupid out. To hard. lol

Arclight
07-14-2021, 02:10 AM
Is that what it looks like if you just drop one of those giant display-company cakes on your lawn and light it?

CozmicRooster
07-14-2021, 06:27 AM
Yeah this has been circulating for a few days. Can’t fix stupid. Let’s light a bunch of fireworks next to the pile of fireworks, next to the truck with fireworks in it.

Jay_
07-14-2021, 07:06 AM
I have a hard enough time getting mine to go off when I want them to, much less spontaneity combusting.

Jrmiller2015
07-14-2021, 08:22 AM
I will never understand how fire just magically breaks out on trucks filled with fireworks. Seems like an awful coincidence.

Exactly 9/10 of the time if not all the time is it human stupidity or intentional even... this is my issue with Dewine when he argues against legalizing he argues safety and then uses the Scottstown tragedy etc to argue his point when that store caught fire it started from a lit cigarette being thrown on to a shelf of product...

I?m no scientist but I?ve transported a lot of product and stored a lot of product and never had anything just go off and that includes transporting product from my garage to the field with igniters in it... hell I?ve only ever had two cakes go off because of fallout from previous cakes and I cut the tops off all of mine

Rick_In_Tampa
07-15-2021, 05:27 AM
If you mean Mike Dewine of Ohio, then I will agree. These politicians need to quit with the theatrics and fear mongering and legalize fireworks already. At least on the two or three days out of the year when Americans should be able to use them responsibly. As with everything else in society, punish the fools and leave the rest of us alone. Statistically speaking, fireworks are incredibly safe for consumers to use. If you want to ban anything, ban the "safe" and sane sparklers that harm more people and kids each year.

Kooooou
07-15-2021, 08:26 AM
Forgot where I read it, but witnesses said someone intentionally threw an "M80" into the U-Haul truck.

Jrmiller2015
07-16-2021, 08:36 AM
If you mean Mike Dewine of Ohio, then I will agree. These politicians need to quit with the theatrics and fear mongering and legalize fireworks already. At least on the two or three days out of the year when Americans should be able to use them responsibly. As with everything else in society, punish the fools and leave the rest of us alone. Statistically speaking, fireworks are incredibly safe for consumers to use. If you want to ban anything, ban the "safe" and sane sparklers that harm more people and kids each year.

Yes of Ohio he?s dead set against it lol a lot of the people in Columbus are not though even some of the ones who voted against this particular bill this time. To me it?s more dangerous when people are trying to get away with something as opposed to knowing I can light all I want etc... And you can say well alcohol and fireworks don?t mix that?s fine I don?t drink until after I?m done I agree.... but don?t use accidents IE the drunk guy who held the mortar tube as an example because that guy is gonna do it rather it?s legal or not.

Second issue is if an area chooses to enforce it that puts the men and women of the police force in a bad situation cause most people will blame them and not the politics in Columbus personally the on duty cop for this area sat on the road and watched my show