PDA

View Full Version : First remotely fired show with the Cobra

Troy.Musillami
07-13-2021, 11:47 AM
As the title says, this was the first time I'd remotely fired my show. I've never actually gotten to sit back and watch my money in the sky and it was amazing. I only had one issue with the cobra (it said my script had an error but no matter how many different ways I tried to write it, it still said certain lines weren't right) so I just left it and manually fired those cues and by next time I'll have it all figured out.

My neighbor sent me the video from my finale. His son (I'm guessing he's 7) came by the next afternoon to thank me for the awesome show and the family gave me a really generous gift.

https://youtu.be/AlUosLgkRbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUosLgkRbE

Mattp
07-15-2021, 01:18 PM
damn.. what a neat wiring job... looked great!! nice products too

esgrillo
07-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Very nice... I am sure you will grow it from here! If you every have any issues with your script just you can post it in this forum for help or better yet send it to cobra support. They will respond right away (even on the 4th) and tell you what's up.

Troy.Musillami
07-16-2021, 09:46 AM
Very nice... I am sure you will grow it from here! If you every have any issues with your script just you can post it in this forum for help or better yet send it to cobra support. They will respond right away (even on the 4th) and tell you what's up.

My girlfriend/friend literally told me to do this on the 4th but I figured they'd have been closed. I guess I should listen to her more often lol

mguerra
07-17-2021, 12:11 AM
I called Cobra at 5:00 on July 4, and Scott Smith called me back at about 5:09 with the answer!

esgrillo
07-17-2021, 08:59 AM
My girlfriend/friend literally told me to do this on the 4th but I figured they'd have been closed. I guess I should listen to her more often lol

Yeah, lol. Rule #1 keep your better half half happy in the pyro world and rest of the world for that matter.

Cobra support is insanely good. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, has a great story about their support that needed in them in an emergency. I had a big issue on July 3rd a few years back when I started using the 36m. Scott called me back, helped troubleshoot the issue (it was a very tough one to sort through, ended up being the units got too hot in the sun, and would not allow the unit to pass all the tests on boot up) and then followed up later with a software update for all 36ms to deal with the issue permanently

esgrillo
07-17-2021, 09:00 AM
I called Cobra at 5:00 on July 4, and Scott Smith called me back at about 5:09 with the answer!

Like Michael said... support is the best of any company I have seen in my life.

Birdman
07-17-2021, 09:24 AM
I'd be interested to see the script. If you found the issue I's be interested to know what it was. That may also be helpful to others. Did you run a test before the fourth?

Not only is Cobra support great but the support from the cobra community is great too.

Fun show!