PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Cobra Scripted Pyro show

Indypyrodude
07-11-2021, 11:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have enjoyed everyone's show. I always see something I would like to do in my show.

This is my 1st show using the cobra system, so I went all out scripted the show to music.

I had a friend create the music track, and I added the pyro over the script. However, the sound system was too far away from the person shooting the video (lesson learned), so we added the track back over the video. In the video the pyro and music track are not in sync, but during the show the AP products were in sync. I did have a lot of black sky, which I had music playing during that time to build up for large powerful hits. (did not have enough pyro to fill all of the time...lol).

Equipment 135 ques (2 36m, 5 18m, 1 audio box, and a very inadequate sound system).

Happy viewing.

Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjN3rDGITI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjN3rDGITI

Mattp
07-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Very nice.. yes there was definitely black sky.. but it was nice to be able to see every product like that.. you had a lot of really nice products too.. Dominator?? .. I like the thanks disclaimer at the end.. nice touch .. and you also had someone shooting right next to you.. that was cool too!!

mikepete777
07-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Congrats, nice show

ssmith512
07-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Nicely done fellow Hoosier!!

Birdman
07-13-2021, 12:03 PM
I've been meaning to ask why the audio overlay doesn't match? If there were no pauses in the script etc you should be able to match things up pretty easily. If you get me your script, video and audio file I would be willing to give it a try unless you think it's a mission impossible for some reason.

As long as your audience could hear the music that's all that matters. Getting good video of the fireworks is more important then getting good audio of the soundtrack. There's nothing wrong with adding the soundtrack into the video after the fact.

Nice show...but I'd really like to see what it looks like when everything is sync'ed up. I think some dark sky is fine if you have music. It gives the audience a chance to focus on the fact that there is music and can build excitement if they know a dramatic part of the song is coming up. Plus some carefully planned dark sky can give smoke a chance to clear out a bit. It certainly helps to stretch the budget too. Sometimes less is more which is something I think we all often forget around here. I've had more than one person tell me I should slow things down because they can't appreciate every shot. Just remember the toughest critic of your show will always be you.

CozmicRooster
07-13-2021, 07:07 PM
That was a very good show. There were some long-ish bits of dark sky but the pacing and timing was very good. I definitely feel you about the sound system. I was unable to get my USB extension working so I had to leave my phone plugged into the firing module at ground zero and had to connect to the PA via bluetooth, so the first speaker was only 50ft in front of the shoot site and the second speaker was only another 75ft in front of the first, only half way to the audience. It ended up being just enough for it to work. Birdman did a great job overlaying my audio onto the video so I have to give him a shout for sure.

Great job on your first pyromusical. Each one will get better.

WithReport
07-14-2021, 08:39 PM
Nice job. It looks like everything turned out good. Nice little shoot site