PDA

View Full Version : New AOP coming in this year?

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-08-2021, 09:44 PM
What's the word on AOP coming in, I was told by my supplier that none came in before the 4th and everything here was pervious stock. now it seems that everyone is very low or out of everything.

Birdman
07-09-2021, 10:41 AM
Wondering the same. I would normally start scripting next years show but think I'll need to hold off until we know more about what product will be available and the pricing.

My understanding is it's being manufactured but there are some regulatory issues that are holding it up from being shipped out of China. My hope is that will get straightened out soon and there will be an abundance of product next year if there is indeed pent up supply to be delivered. That's my hope anyway.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Wondering the same. I would normally start scripting next years show but think I'll need to hold off until we know more about what product will be available and the pricing.

My understanding is it's being manufactured but there are some regulatory issues that are holding it up from being shipped out of China. My hope is that will get straightened out soon and there will be an abundance of product next year if there is indeed pent up supply to be delivered. That's my hope anyway.

I really hope it ends up this way!

displayfireworks1
07-10-2021, 09:07 PM
Don't waste worry on the fireworks industry. It will work out. I will find more out at the NFA convention this September.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-10-2021, 10:46 PM
Don't waste worry on the fireworks industry. It will work out. I will find more out at the NFA convention this September.

look forward to knowing more.

Scotty Rockets
07-12-2021, 07:12 PM
Well if it’s (un0431) done and gone then I have a ton of equipment to liquidate. I’m almost exclusively in that niche.

EdwardH
07-22-2021, 11:57 AM
Well if it’s (un0431) done and gone then I have a ton of equipment to liquidate. I’m almost exclusively in that niche.

Same here.

EdwardH
07-22-2021, 11:57 AM

Thank you Dave.

Scotty Rockets
07-22-2021, 12:28 PM
1.4pro un431 has no NFA support period.

esgrillo
07-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Same here.

yup... It will be retire time for me... no way I am going to back to shooting just cakes.

I will shoot nothing.

BMoore
07-23-2021, 10:24 AM
My suggestion is just be patient. The fireworks industry is a mess right now. The biggest issue at hand is just getting product shipped.....any product. It's not the right time to start ruffling any feathers for niche markets. Once the power starts shifting back to the purchasing side I expect a much more focused effort to resolve some of these regulation issues. I think for the next couple of years we just have to roll with the punches but I don't expect the current situation to be the new normal.

ssmith512
07-23-2021, 10:43 AM
Fireworks, even if they aren't 1.4pro, are better than no fireworks. As long as I can light the sky up, I'm shootin' stuff, regardless of it's classification.

displayfireworks1
07-23-2021, 08:52 PM
1.4pro un431 has no NFA support period.

Around 3 years back I put pressure on the NFA to come out with a formal position on Article of Pyrotechnic products. They did but it was the opposite of what I was expecting. LOL I indirectly help and represent advanced fireworks enthusiast, making it easier for them to obtain some of the same products that display companies have access to. The problem is that does not necessarily mean the NFA and/or the APA have that same philosophy. I have confidentially been told one of these organizations is putting pressure on China to make everything either (in simple terms) Consumer Fireworks and/or Professional Fireworks. If the display industry wants to make these AP products 1.3 , then you are going to count and store and do all of that paperwork. If the desire to keep AP products from advanced hobbyist, the paid professional industry will have to absorb that regulatory burden when these AP products fall into the 1.3 category.
Last I heard the ATF could care less about Articles of Pyrotechnic products. It is one less thing for them to count and worry about. I get reports from workers at distributors asking ATF Inspectors , "Do you want to look at these whatever AP single shot , modular rows etc. There response is "No" . Any pressure to do something different with AP products is not coming from the ATF.