PDA

View Full Version : Always double and triple check everything before firing your show

FBpyro
07-08-2021, 04:08 PM
Thought I'd share a video I made of my small mishap this year. I had two "special things" that I was intending to load into some free tubes I was using to hand fire shells before the main show. These shells were already pre-wired to my firing system and all I had to do was drop them into the tubes when I was ready, of course, I forgot to do this and ended up with ground "effects" when I hit fire it was a nice surprise. Luckily everyone was 350ft away from the shoot site so no injuries.

Interestingly when I went to inspect the site before continuing the show, I couldn't find the other shell that was sitting right next to it, my guess is since they were next to each other one of them must've detonated the other. I warned my brother-in-law that he might get a small surprise one day while mowing. Although if that shell is still out there somewhere in the grass my guess is it will eventually rain and start to deteriorate the shell.

I did do a quick check of all my connections before I went up the hill but I completely forgot to check if all of my tubes had shells in them I wouldn't caught my mistake. Next time I will make a checklist to run through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmf6BNOBdg

mguerra
07-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Well, ground salutes are a thing, I set them up at my first training shoot...