PDA

View Full Version : How to legally shoot consumer fireworks in NY

Ronnie316
07-07-2021, 10:54 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has information/experience about legally shooting consumer fireworks in NY. I'm considering getting into the business of shooting fireworks for private and public events and would like to use consumer fireworks instead of display fireworks. I understand that in NY you need a Pyrotechnician's certificate of competence and a permit to own/possess explosives. It's also my understanding that regarding the federal side of things you don't need an ATF permit for consumer fireworks. My main question is that if you have the NY Pyrotechnician's license and the permit to own/possess explosives, can you shoot consumer fireworks for private/public shows? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mattp
07-08-2021, 09:40 AM
i am by no means an expert on this,, and its definitely not that simple... but if you get all the necessary licenses,permits, insurances.. why not??.. pretty sure for NYS to get the pyrotechnics license.. you need to work for a company and be the lead shooter for x amount of shows in x amount of years,,, also,, if your dealing with alot of 1.4G ,, for storage and transit purposes i do believe after a certain amount of LB (10,000 if i remember correctly)its then considered 1.3G... and i also believe once you are in commerce,, or even to get the NYS license.. you will need an ATF permit as well ... again,, i am def not an expert.. and maybe should've just not answered this... but i do believe what i said is correct ... oh ya.. and welcome to the forum